Epilogue

Disclaimer: I have no idea when corona is going to be over. I am going back to school at the end of November, (Hi this is Ms. Scarlet from the future. It is currently 11-21-20 and I just wanted to say, we still aren't back in school. We are still doing distance learning and the new date is January 9th but I personally don't think we are going back soon.) but I do not expect for corona to be done by then. There are a lot of vaccine projects right now, but none have been proven to work. My dad and I have a bet about it. Anyways, I am going to estimate that things will be starting to get back to normal (I know things are already kind of normal in other countries, but not in America because we are idiots) around the start of next summer. I know that sounds like a long time, but that's my estimate. (Well, this is fun. It's Ms. Scarlet from the future again but now it's 7-18-21 and I'm officially vaccinated and I lost the bet. But it was close so I'm still happy. Anyway, in March, the students at my school got the choice of going back or not, and I choose not to because it was so close to the end of school anyway. But it's official that I'm going back to school for 8th grade in two weeks in August so I'm happy!) 

6-21-21

Everything was starting to return to normal. There was a vaccine that was finally reaching pharmacies around the world and America was opening up out of quarantine. Hermione's friends had invited her to go out to dinner in celebration and she had accepted with excitement. There were a lot of people going, including some she hadn't seen in a while. Theo, Blaise, Luna, Harry, Pansy, Ginny, Dean, Ron, and Lavender were already at the restaurant when Draco and she arrived. They took a seat and started chatting. 

Ginny and Dean were visiting from Oregon where they both went to college. Hermione was very happy to see them, especially since she hadn't talked to Ginny for a while. She also was happy to see Lavender again, but not so much her ex-boyfriend. Ron had definitely been persistent after she broke up with him but had eventually given up. 

When Hermione grabbed Draco's hand under the table, she found it to be very sweaty. She looked over and saw his face was a sickly green. She leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Draco, what's wrong? You look horrible."

He cleared his throat and answered, "I...I'm fine. Just a little nervous."

Hermione was confused. "Nervous? What are you nervous about?" 

Before Draco could respond, Blaise interrupted, "Hey, Draco. I need to talk to you and Theo. Do you have a minute?" Draco nodded and all three of them walked off. Hermione was left, more confused than ever. She looked over at Pansy in confusion, but Pansy just shrugged. 

The three boys returned to the table a few minutes later, with Draco looking much better. "What was that all about?" Hermione asked Draco.

"Well...I have a question for you." Hermione looked over at Pansy again, but she looked just as confused as Hermione. When Hermione focused back on Draco, he was on one knee. "You know when most people do stuff like this they say stuff like 'From day one, I knew you were the one' or 'When I first laid my eyes on you, I thought you were the prettiest girl alive'. Well, it's a little different for us. I first met you in Algebra and immediately knew we would be enemies. And we were for about 2 years. I mean if you think about it, McGonagall was the one who brought us together in the first place. If it hadn't been for her refusing to put us with different partners, we might not be here today. After all, there is a fine line between hate and love." 

Hermione covered her mouth with her hands as Draco continued. "I am going to try to keep this short, but there is just so much to say. I love you, Hermione. I think I must have loved you for a long time, and just never wanted to admit it. Hermione Jean Granger, will you do me the greatest honor in the world and marry me?"

Hermione was literally speechless. But not for long. "YES! Of course. Draco, I love you." Draco slid a beautiful ring on her finger.  It had her birthstone (a sapphire) and his birthstone (alexandrite) intertwined. He stood up and kissed her passionately. They sat back down and everyone congratulated them. Draco and Hermione had an amazing dinner and an even better night after that.

 Draco and Hermione had an amazing dinner and an even better night after that

Well, that's the epilogue. There should be a Hansy chapter after this and a few more after that. Hope you liked it (I worked really hard on my proposal speech) Do you like the ring?

-Ms. Scarlet