todoroki - im here for you. // fireworks

It was the last day of golden week and today, you and class 1A went to the festival together. You had planned to watch the fireworks with Todoroki, the boy who had conquered your heart in the year that you've known him.

It was nearing the end of the festival, meaning the the firework show was approaching. In your red and yellow kimono, you told Todoroki to meet you at the bridge in 10 minutes as you went to perfect your looks.

On your way to the bathroom, however, you bumped into Monoma - the annoying brat of class 1B who has always been jealous of your class.

"Well, who do we have here? Why is little miss perfect alone?"

"Monoma, please mo-"

But before you could say anything, you felt his lips touch yours. You hated it. You pushed him away and slapped him, but all he did was smirk.

"What the fuck are you doing? Get away from me!"

Infuriated, you pushed him away, but he caught your hand in a strong grip. You were furious. Angry. Boiling. He had stolen your first kiss which you wanted to share with Todoroki, but he robbed you of it. With all your strength you pushed him away and screamed, and luckily, you heard someone running towards you.

"Iida! You're here!"

"Y/n, what's wrong? I recognised your voice and came here as fast as you can. What's he doing here?"

"Iida..."

But before you could say a word, you looked into his blue eyes with tears in yours, and he immediately understood. The fireworks have already started and Iida nodded in understanding, holding Monoma so he wouldn't go away.

"Thank you, Iida," you said as you ran to where you were meant to meet Todoroki.

"Todoroki! I'm here!" You exclaimed as you ran up to him, panting. He looked at you and smiled.

"I'm glad you're here, Y/n. I was beginning to worry!"

Exchanging a smile, you stood beside him in a comfortable silence as you watched the beautiful fireworks go off in front of you, but you couldn't help but let the tears you held in escape. Slowly, a tear trickled down, and you quickly wiped it away hoping Todoroki wouldn't notice, but he did.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He asked.

You quickly said you were fine and faked a smile, but he noticed. The smile he saw every day was different. He knew it wasn't genuine and was concerned with what happened to the joyous girl he grew to have feelings for.

"Y/n... I know you're not fine. Tell me, what's wrong?"

And all the sadness you bottled up shattered out of your container, bursting out tears. Todoroki was quick to wrap his arms around you, and you sank to the floor as he held you close.

"It was Monoma.." you said between sniffles. "He... harassed me and stole my first kiss..."

You felt todoroki's arms tighten around you. He put his chin on your shoulder as did you. You heard him mumble something to himself, but couldn't make out what he said.

"shhh Y/n, it's okay. I'm here for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me, but I promise I'll make it up to you and make him pay."

He wiped your tears as he helped you up. You hated the feeling that you ruined the moment. The fireworks have stopped, and you were staring into Todoroki's warm eyes as you held his hands and stood up.

"You know..." Todoroki started as he averted his gaze to the ground, while increasing his grip on your hands. "Monoma didn't technically steal you first kiss... right? I mean, you didn't respond back and it wasn't a genuine one and... I wanted to be... the one who was your first kiss but...."

His voice died down and your eyes widened. Todoroki Shouto, your year long crush said he wanted to be your first kiss?

"Shoto..."

He looked into your eyes, but the distance soon closed as you locked your lips with his. He was stiff at first, but closed his eyes and returned it. This was different. He felt comforting and loving and you were so glad he felt the same way.

Parting your lips, he said, "Y/n, i've been meaning to tell you this, but... will you... gooutwithme?"

You giggled at his cute awkwardness and hugged him.

"Yes!"

The fireworks started again as you exchanged a tight hug and Todoroki kissed your forehead, in which you responded with a kiss on his nose. You spent the rest of the night laughing with your new boyfriend, who you soon wanted to share your future with.

//////

The next day at school, you heard that Monoma was absent due to a broken arm and leg, and a busted lip. You smiled knowing that Todoroki got his payback.

a/n
i cant deal with how cute todoroki is ilhsm 🥺 anyways if you have any suggestions dm me!