todoroki - temporary, yet permanent.

You were at your boyfriend's house, watching TV when Todoroki announced that lunch was ready.

You both sat at the dining table, engaging in casual conversations filled with smiles from your beloved. The mood around you was happy, until Todoroki said he needed to tell you something. You tensed up at his sudden serious tone, but you were listening.

"Y/n... I have something important to tell you."

You froze at these words, but nodded in approval.

"Y/n, I...." he deeply sighed, pushing your worries more. "Y/n... I went to the doctors yesterday... and they told me I only have a month left to live... "

You felt your breathing stop. The happy aura that surrounded you completely dissolved as you thought your ears were mistaking you.

"Shoto... what did you say? You only have a month left to live? But it was only a fever... todoroki, please. This isn't funny."

But the usually happy boy couldn't be detected in the serious face plastered onto your boyfriend before you. You knew it was serious and you bursted out into tears.

"Shoto... what do you mean?"

"The doctors diagnosed me with a terminal sickness. Apparently, it's genetic and has no cure... and I only have a temporary amount of time left..."

You couldn't take it. He was lying, right? Yet why does he look so serious? What was going on?

"No... Shoto, this isn't true. This isn't true! We didn't even get to do all the things we planned! We never got to move in. We never got to travel the world together. Shoto, you can't! You're the reason I'm alive. You saved me from my depression. What am I gonna do without you? I cant live without you! If you're gone, I want to be with you whether it be on this earth or not. I'll go with you too... please don't go. This can't be real. We didn't even get to have a family. Shoto... I didn't even get to share your last name yet... please, don't leave me..."

Seeing your distraught face, Todoroki bursted into tears and hugged you, but you couldn't return the hug as you were stiff and streaming out tears.

"Y/n, I know. Its so unfair. Its so fucking unfair! I wanted to live with you. I had so many plans for us... I wanted to start a family with you. We would've lived in a huge house and have mini versions of us running around, we'd never get bored and we'd make the best parents ever. We'd go on weekly nights out. We'd go to theme parks and scream our heads off while you held my hand in fear... or maybe the other way. Y/n, I planned my future with you. But I'm only here for a month. A month. That's not enough. I love you so much and I can't even carry out the love I have for you in a month full of actives. I'd need a million years to do so. But y/n, I don't have the time. We only have a month. I'm so sorry, y/n. I love you so much. But please don't go just because I will soon. I want you to live. Please, don't go. Find a reason to. Stay here... for me."

You both collapsed onto the floor in heavy tears. A month was no where near enough.

You spent the next month doing what you had planned. You moved into his apartment. You had countless movie nights and you both treated each other to dates every single day. You skipped college for a whole month but you didn't care. You were having so much fun with Todoroki... but the feeling that it would eventually come to an end never failed to break you down, in which Todoroki couldn't even tell you it would be alright; he could only hug you instead.

A month had passed and now you were at the hospital, with Todoroki on the hospital bed. 5 minutes left. You were left alone in the room with him and you knew these would be his last moments. He didn't have enough strength to even look up or talk, so you decided to tell him how much you loved him in the little time he had left.

"Shoto, you have always been the love of my life. From the moment I met you, I fell in love with you. I began to fall more and more in love with you. Its so unfair Shoto. We planned our whole future together. The past month has been the best I've ever felt. You laughed so much with me. You brought true smiles to my face. I don't know. I don't know if I'll ever find true happiness without my love being beside me. Where will I find the motivation? Who or what will I look forward to seeing the next day? Todoroki Shoto, you gave me a reason to live. You taught me to keep fighting and when I was at my lowest you knew. You knew the smiles I faked weren't real and you were there for me. I cant put how much I love you into words. I will try my best to fight for you. Thank you. Thank you for the times you've spent with me. For the tears we've shared and the many moments of happiness. For the smiles and the memories. Promise me you won't forget me, even in the after life okay? Wait for me. Wait for me to finally come into your arms as angels. I want to meet you so soon, but I know you'd rather wait longer for me to meet you there. I love you. I love you so fucking much. I love you Shoto. I love you now and forever. I love you. I love you. I love you..."

And, just like that, the smile on his face disappeared as the tears remained, as you heard the dreading beep echo throughout the room. 

//////

A month had passed and you were still lost. You needed time to find yourself again, for you had lost your whole world. You felt sick lately and felt like it was your time to come, but in all honesty, you didn't care. You wanted to die. You wanted to see todoroki again. But when you got your check up, everything changed.

You were pregnant with his kid.

Maybe, this would be the starting point in finding yourself and finding a reason to live. You'd see your one true love, Todoroki Shoto, in your baby's face. Whether or not that would lift you up or tear you down, you decided to fight. For him.

Life was so unfair. Although the was temporary, his love will always be permanent.