𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 34

WHEN MAEVE FINALLY pulled herself together it was around 6:30pm

WHEN MAEVE FINALLY pulled herself together it was around 6:30pm. she quickly got up to pack her stuff, her plane would board at 7:30pm. luckily she lived close to lax, so she had about thirty minutes to pack everything.

genevieve had noticed something off about her daughter, as she asked her, maeve just shook her head as a tear fell but she quickly wiped it away. hugging her mother tightly, maeve whispers in her ear "we broke up" genevieve immediately hugging her daughter tighter

a knock on the door separated the mother-daughter duo, as genevieve opened the door, tayler came in view. saying goodbye to her mother, tayler was putting her luggage in the car, waiting for her in the car.

as maeve got into the car she checked her phone, noticing a message from the person who she so desperately needed to see. but her heart broke a bit more as she seen her lockscreen of jaden and her.

she texted rudy telling him that she would explain whenever she landed and that her plane would land at 3am

she texted rudy telling him that she would explain whenever she landed and that her plane would land at 3am. after sending the message she quickly changed her lockscreen to a picture that she held close to heart. which was a picture of her whole family.

△▼△

once she landed she came to view with rudy. as he caught her glance, both met each other half way, when he was near her he immediately pulled her in a hug.

"i'm so stupid" she muttered in his chest

"hey, look at me" he instructed her "you are not stupid... he doesn't deserve to have someone like you by his side. you deserve the whole world and it's a shame he didn't know how to give it to you" he told her as he wiped her tears that had manage to fall

△▼△

rudy helped maeve with her luggage, the quietly walked into maeve's shared apartment. maeve entered her room, taking a seat on her bed, staring into her mirror. as rudy closed the door quietly, he took noticed of her hurting state.

he kneeled in front of her, taking her hands in his, making maeve look down at him.

"why wasn't i enough?" she asks him quietly

"you were more than enough...he just didn't know how to value and appreciate you" he said giving her hands a small squeeze

"i should've listened to you" she whispered sadly

"hey...you are such an amazing girl with such a big heart. you gave him a second chance, believing he could change. sadly, he couldn't, which isn't your fault,  you can't save someone who doesn't wanna be saved" he goes to stand up "get some sleep sweet pea, you have four hours till we gotta get to work"

maeve's hold on his hand pulls him back softly "can you please stay with me? even if it's just until i fall asleep?" she asks shyly

rudy smiles softly "you know i'll always be here for you sunshine" walking back to her bed as maeve tucks herself in. rudy laying next to her as she lays her head on his chest.

"thank you rudy" she muttered sincerely

"you don't need to thank me mae, i'll always be here for you...always"

after ten minutes of playing with her hair, she was asleep. rudy didn't want to risk waking the girl if he moved, so he just ended up sleeping in her bed with her head on his chest.

△▼△

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲:

𝗆𝗒 𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗂𝖾𝗌 🥺🥺