Ch. 9 | I Don't Care if You're Contagious

Bury me in the bedroom where I can sing you to sleep all night.
Put me next to the open window,Promise me a second time.'Cause I don't want to leave without you buried by my side.I'd rather kill the one responsible for falling stars at night,'Cause they fall all around me.The night can be deadly and they'll never take us alive.
(Can you chase away the darkness?)
Last night she recited every reason she's fine.
So if we're heading there together at the same time,
To live in love and die.
and I don't care if you're sick,
I don't care if you're contagious.
I would kiss you even if you were dead.
'Cause I'd do anything to hold your hand.

Pierce the Veil - I Don't Care If You're Contagious

*********

"It's kind of weird how all of a sudden you want to be helpful. This wouldn't have anything to do with the time I've been spending with Ben would it?" you ask Luke suspiciously as you cross the room to stand next to him.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he smiles slightly.

Luke and Leia have been giving you knowing looks since you left Ben a few hours ago. For a moment you were horrified thinking maybe there were cameras in his cell. You'd try to Force choke yourself and end it all if you found out Leia saw you viciously dry humping her son.

When Luke mentioned the "state" Ben was in, after you were in Leia's office with the two of them, you knew there weren't any cameras. Ben just looked so utterly wrecked that it was hard not to know what had happened.

When you entered Leia's office there were holo's already projected around the center of the room, each with various images and text. On Leia's desk were two very large and old looking books.

You're finally going to get the information Luke's been keeping to himself. It's a bit suspicious how he suddenly decides to be helpful minutes after realizing Ben is wrapped around your finger. You aren't going to push the reason for his sudden desire to be of use, not right away at least.

"Yeah sure. So, the World Between Worlds. What do you know about it that I don't already know myself from the Jedi texts? Leia said Ben might know something but with everything going on, I haven't had time to ask him."

"Yes, you've been rather busy," Luke makes an odd noise under his breath while looking down at one of the books in front of him.

"Really? Did...did you just giggle? Luke Skywalker is giggling? Are you going to tease me like we're in high school because I was almost caught making out with a boy?"

"You made out with a boy? I hope it was my boy," Leia says cheerfully as she enters her office and closes the door behind her.

You groan and rub your hands over your face.

"Can you both," you pause and glance at Luke then start again. "Can you go tease Ben? I'm getting it enough from Luke who literally just giggled. I can't handle it from you too," you say to Leia.

She pats you on the shoulder lovingly before sitting down behind her desk.

"Leave her alone Luke. We just got her back on team Save Ben Solo. Plus, I think you've made her wait long enough."

"Thank you Leia." You cross your arms over your chest and smile smugly at Luke.

"Fine," Luke says as he stands in front of Leia's desk and leans against it.

Without being prompted, you walk around the room and glance at the various holo's being projected.

"Let me start by asking you this, what makes you so sure you'll find your answers by finding the World Between Worlds?"