The Part Time

Falling, the only thing Nina could feel before she jolted awake. The same thing every morning, she thought.

The sun peeked through the slightly open curtains of her room. As she stretches, a shrill sound goes off next to her and she looks at it after being surprised for a heartbeat. Her alarm keeps ringing until she sighs and cancels it.

She gets up to get ready for her work with her recent client. The morning routine consists of brushing, using the loo and showering. Nina opens the window a little to let the warm sun glower at her face. Basking in sunlight, she remembers she is still only in her robe from the shower. Stepping back quickly she closes her window and pulls the curtains.

Nina chooses her attire for today and starts dressing. Black fitted polyester pants, white blouse and a black coat to accompany with it because of the slight chilly atmosphere. She runs her brush in her medium length light brown hair and ties it up in a sleek ponytail. She tops the look off with a gold pendant and bellies. In her profession, being quick on the feet is a needed quality. She also applies light make up on her slightly tanned bronze skin.

Leaving the room, Nina spots her two years roommate best friend, Kang Chul making breakfast. He is a software engineer at a big company. Nina always forgets the name even though Chul had told her multiple times.

"Ah my dear Nina is finally awake and ready. So you see Nina, I have made breakfast which means you're making dinner." He announces and sits down to eat his portion.

"Chul-ah! That's so unfair! You always do that. You just make bacon and eggs and I have to make fried chicken with kimchi all the time which by the way is a lot difficult than bacon and eggs." Nina whines. The usual banter of who makes breakfast and who makes dinner. Both are working class and thus eat lunch at the office or some nearby restaurant.

"You can always get up before me and make breakfast." Chul replies with an innocent look.

"You know I'm not an early riser! You always take advantage of that!" Nina huffs and sits down, eating her breakfast.

"You know that way you're lipsticks going to get ruined." Chul says.

"I'll just reapply. Let me eat my breakfast in peace." Nina rolls her eyes.

A comfortable silence falls over the table as both eat in peace. Most people think that what Chul and Nina have is more than friendship but they both have always denied such assumptions. Nina has always thought of Chul as a friend. The same goes for him. He finishes his breakfast first and bids goodbye to her.

She finishes soon after, locks up the apartment and takes the elevator to the underground parking. She unlocks her Silver Chevrolet Cruze and settles in. The drive towards MLD Entertainment is smooth and the road has very light traffic. She parks in the employee section and shows her employee card at the glass doors. She walks in and texts the Idol she has been managing. She replies instantly.

Nina:
Where do I come?

Ahin🥺:
We're in the meeting room, come fast. They will be discussing something important.

Nina drops a thanks and walks to the elevator. She presses the fourth floor and waits anxiously. The only anxiety she let's show is out of the meeting room in front of friends. No anxiety when at work or having a meeting. This assures the client that their manager is confident in what they are doing and know the solution to every thing, even if we don't actually.

The elevator stops and she starts walking towards the meeting room. She opens the door and her eyes fall on Ahin. Ahin looks up at Nina and gives her a cute little smile. Ahin is sitting on a chair while no one else is sitting in the room.