Chapter 5: Found

Slight trigger warning for the more sensitive people out there. I'm not spoiling anything but do remember that this curse may result in dismemberment. It's only very light violence though because I am a sensitive muffin as well and nothing I write will ever go over pg-13.

==================

The sun was setting and George couldn't just sit there anymore. His butt hurt from the uncomfortable crate and his entire right arm had gone to sleep under the weight of Dream's head. "Dream." he said, gently trying to push him off his shoulder, "Dream, let me up."

His friend didn't respond. He sat there silently, head still stubbornly on his shoulder.

"Dream." He gave him a shove, but he was too heavy for him to move. "Oh my god you're an actual child." Giving up on all niceties, he abruptly stood up, leaving Dream to fend for himself.

Dream just slumped back and stared straight ahead.

George ignored him and stretched. He still couldn't feel his arm. When he was finally satisfied that all his bones were back in place, he checked back on Dream. His friend hadn't budged an inch and seemed to be attempting to become a statue. A scowl was on his face. Clearly something was still bothering him.

"You okay there, Dream?" He always got concerned whenever Dream went silent. Usually it meant he'd been pushed too far.

"I've been thinking-" Dream began.

"That's good." they'd been sitting there for a good half hour, he should hope Dream had done something during that.

"It's just- this is all so stupid!" he blustered, throwing his arms out, "All this stupid curse has done is rubbed it in my face that no one actually loves me!"

"Oh my god Dream, stop being a drama queen." George rolled his eyes, "I'm sure someone loves you." But whether he loved them back was an ordeal he didn't want to go through.

"Okay, who?" Dream demanded, "Name one person who loves me."

"Mmmm....Your mom."

"GEORGE!" Apparently that wasn't the right thing to say. He thought he had gotten Dream calmed down earlier, but it appeared that he was hurting far deeper than George had originally thought. Dream surged to his feet, fists clenched at his sides. "You're not helping!"

"Okay okay, sorry." he said, putting his hands up in defense, "Calm down, Dream."

"Not even Sam loves me!" his motions were agitated, wild.

"Oh, this is still about your ex, isn't it?" George fought to keep down a bitter wave of jealousy, "Get over her, Dream. It'll be okay."

"Stop telling me it's okay!" he yelled, "It's not okay!"

"Well what the fuck do you want me to do about it then, Dream?" George snapped, finally letting all his pent up emotion explode, "I've been putting up with your shit all day and honestly? I'm sick and tired of you being a crybaby."

"You don't understand, you'll never understand!" his friend instantly turned on him, directing his anger at him, "You've never had your heart broken before! Do you know what that feels like?" he didn't even wait for him to answer, "It's like the whole world's fallen out under your feet, leaving you broken and alone!"

"I've felt that before!" George shot back, "Every morning I wake up and it feels like I have to tiptoe around on glass!"

"That's bullshit! Who do you even like?" Dream's face twisted into a cruel sneer, "C'mon Georgie, tell me who loves you."