Chapter 15

Colby's POV

She left me. She just left me here. No where to go. I just wanted to keep her safe. From me. I told her no. I shouldn't be thinking about her still. I just can't seem to get her off my mind. The way her wavy blonde hair falls just below her shoulders. Her beautiful hazel eyes. When the sun hit them just right they almost look blue. It hasn't even been an hour Colby. Come on. Pull yourself together. You're bad for her.

God. She is so beautiful. And caring. I have to find her.

No. She wouldn't want to see me anyways.

How would I even find her? I have no idea where she lives.

"Young man, are you alright?" I looked up to see an officer in front of me.

"Uh. Yeah. I think so." I simply replied.

"Where is your family? All of the other patients have been picked up." She looked at me with concern in her eyes.

"Nobody is coming for me." I mumbled. I looked down to my feet. The last thing I need to think about is my family. Nor do I need to tell a stranger my entire life story.

"Okay. Well, you can't stand out here in the cold." She motioned for me to follow her into the station. " It's getting dark. Let's head in." I cautiously followed her into the sheriff's station. "Do you have any friend's that you could call? I saw you talking to a girl outside early. Do you have anyway to contact her?" No. Even if I did she doesn't want to speak with me. Then it hit me.

"Do you have anyway to look up an address or phone number? A phone book maybe?" I asked politely.

"Who is it you're looking to find?" She replied.

"River Winters?" She stopped in her tracks. "Never mind. He probably isn't in the crime database. I'm sorry."

"River Isaiah Winters. Age 15. Brown hair and green eyes. I know him. He is kind of a pest around here." She chuckled. I gave her a small smile.

"Do you think you could take me to his house?" I looked at my feet awaiting a response.

"Not a problem. If it means you're not standing outside my station freezing your ass off, sure kid." She grabbed her Keyes from the desk. "Let's go."

Rilynn's POV

How could he be so cold? I don't understand. I felt a hot tear slip down my cheek. I didn't wipe it. I let it sit there. I let it sit there to remind me that I do not need to feel sorry for myself. If he thinks I am better off without him, so be it. I watched the trees pass as we made our way home. Home. Mom and dad. Do they even know I am out? Now that I think about it. Hadlee picked me up. I rubbed my forehead and sighed. "River. Please tell me that you filled mom and dad in on our plan." I kept my hand on my forehead. This kid will be the death of me.

"Was I supposed to?" I slowly turned my head. You have got to be kidding me. "Probably should have mentioned that when you called me in distress." He smirked. I looked at Hadlee who was trying to hold her laughter in.

"Hadlee! This isn't funny. He was supposed to tell them." I sighed. "Now I have to go home and tell them about the awful things that happened."

"Dude. Chill out. It's not even that big of a deal." River said with a slight attitude. I looked back at him then to Hadlee. She had lost control at this point. She was laughing so hard. River started chuckling. I smiled. I missed this. Everyday that I was in that place was a day I could have been spending with these two idiots.I let out a laugh.

"So now it's funny huh?" River smiled at me.

"You want to know what's funny?" He raised his brow. "The fact that your about to get your ass kicked by a girl." I hopped into the backseat and started play fighting with him. We laughed the rest of the way home.