(8.) An Uninvited Guest

"Yeah, I actually do," you smirked, playing into his sarcastic manner.

He laughed and turned to go in the other direction. You watched longingly as he headed off somewhere, wanting to follow, but not sure if you should.

Your legs moved before your brain decided, but you were following him.

"Wait!," you called, jogging a few steps to reach him. "I'm not done bullying you yet," you said quickly.

"Even ol' Arthur doesn't bother to mess with me this much, you must really like me, eh?"

"In your dreams," you said, arriving at a small table a small ways from camp.

"I don't believe a word of it, y/n."

You shook your head, watching him place bottles on the table.

"Shooting practice?" you asked. "I thought you were 'Dead Eye MacGuire, best shot in the world!'" you mocked, including the rough accent.

"Oh, you're testin' me patience, y/n, you are."

"I don't believe a word of it, Sean," you mocked again.

He tried to hold his laugh in, but it made him chuckle.

"Well, you turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought you were."

"What's that supposed to mean?" you asked defensively, hands on your hips.

"Oh, nothin'," he smirked, shooting at the bottles and missing horribly.

"Some sharpshooter you are," you joked.

"Like you could do better!"

Overcome with confidence, you fired your gun from the hip, taking the first three bottles down and merely grazing the last one.

"Beginner's luck!" Exclaimed Sean, grabbing a few more empty bottles.

"Ain't no such thing as luck in aiming. It's either there or it's not," you smiled, repeating Arthur's words. "You might wanna practice a bit, Dead Eye MacGuire."

"You're a vicious tease, y/n. Vicious."

You holstered your gun, walking away smirking as Sean watched in pure admiration.

His pride was quite hurt, but his heart was not. He might be young, spastic, and not very smart, but he was sure of one thing:

He was obsessed with you.

***

You hung at your usual spot by the campfire, waiting for the sky to get dark. You were anxious to help rob the train, as John and Arthur thought it'd be a good idea. You were confident enough in your skills to at least attempt to rob the train.

John, Arthur, and Charles came to the fire to grab you for the mission.

"It's time, come on. We'll need to reach the train at the perfect spot if we want to avoid the law," said Charles.

"Train?" said an annoying Irishman from behind you.

Arthur chuckled and walked over just to place a hand on Sean's shoulder and say, "Don't even think about it, kid."

"Oh, come on! The more men, the better," said Sean, trying not to make eye contact with you as he begged Arthur like a child.

"Unless it's you comin' along," John piped up, sending everyone but Sean into a smile.

"You lot wouldn't survive a few minutes without me," said Sean confidently.

"Your aim disagrees," you said sarcastically, which made him pout.