Chapter 2

If two days ago Naofumi was not amused, now he was PISSED.

That bitch... that Bitch had set him up! She purposely acts nice to him, giving him false hope, only to CRUSH it to smithereens. Framing him! He should have known! She always calls him Hero this or Hero that, never his name. How could he be so blind?! That was Red Flag all over!

Get drunk? Please, he was more likely stuck in the loo with a full bladder. Rape her? Bitch. He's not interested in her and her ugly mug.

Yet no one listens to him. No one believes him even though he tried to plead his case. They won't even let him finished his words, which was infuriating. How was he supposed to tell them the truth if no one let him finish talking?! Even the other three won't listen to him.

Worst of all, he can't go home. It was a one-way summoning.

Basically, Naofumi stuck in the crappy world that hated his guts and would readily blame him for every single bad thing even if it has nothing to do with him, and yet depends on him to help save it from so-called Apocalypse.

Give him a break.

"At the current moment, you are our only defense against the coming waves, and therefore will not be punished. However, your crimes are already well known to the people. That will be your punishment. I doubt very much that you will find work or help in our country."

If a look could kill, Naofumi would have a murderer attached to his title, and for once, he didn't mind at all. He bet it would be cathartic.

"We will summon you in another month when the waves approach. You may be a criminal, but you are still the Shield Hero. Do not shirk your responsibilities."

"Got it! I'm weak, is that it? Better hurry up!" Barked Naofumi.

Once the knights released him, Naofumi stomped out from the castle.

It was morning, but some people already milling out. Once they saw him, they whispered and glared at him with fingers pointed. The news sure spread so fast Naofumi thought there's information network or news station of some kind in work. Everyone and their grandma must be heard of what he "did" to the "poor woman". Puh-lease.

Well, either that or the fact he's walking around in his underwear.

Looking down, Naofumi grimaced and speed up his steps. He walked into the nearest dark alleyway using the passing carriage as a cover. He walked until he found a spot where he deems safe enough. Quickly change the Shield into Backpack Shield, he takes out his old clothes from inventory.

It gonna made him stood out like sore thumb, a neon sign over his head, but at least he won't have to stomach the humiliation of walking around in underwear.

He bet that was the bitch's side-quest. Well, fuck you! Naofumi won't let her have the satisfaction of humiliating him further!

~X~

POP!

Naofumi huffed when the balloon finally popped away, leaving Balloon Skin behind. That was the fortieth Balloon he popped today, Naofumi thought as he fell backward, looking up at the orange skies. He had spent his anger at the Balloon, attacking any ones that appear in his field of vision.

His low attack stat proved to be a pain in the ass once again. Now that he had grasp understanding ow the Balloon attacks, it took him ten to fifteen minutes to destroy one. That's it if the Balloon didn't simply evade his punch and/or biting his fist. It was because the Blessing of the Shield and My Body is My Shield skill that Naofumi didn't feel any pain. In fact, it barely tingling. Giving him all the time he needs to destroy the Balloons.