chapter seventeen

seventeen
"affb"

(evelynn's mask and dress)

(buck's mask)

"I FEEL LIKE I'M A tad overdressed."

Lynn sucked in a deep breath as she entered the ballroom, a black mask she held in one hand covered part of her face but her ocean blue eyes still shined through. She was wearing a basic bright red dress that went down to her feet, covering her black flats, and it went off the shoulders. Her usual straight brunette hair was slightly wavy, and off to the side a bit on one shoulder.

The dress was utterly beautiful, and Lynn felt like an absolute princess in the gown, but she wasn't sure how she felt knowing people she knew would see her so dressed up.

"Girl, if you don't just admit you're the most gorgeous woman here I will actually murder you," Lizzy remarked, slightly stuffing her shoulder into Lynn's body.

Lizzy was wearing a black straight down gown that hugged her body's curves almost perfectly, and Lynn was still jealous of how the woman had grown so nicely into her body. She also had a black masquerade mask, however hers was attached with string wrapped around her hair.

"That would be you, Liz," Lynn replied, her eyes studying the beautiful ballroom they were standing in.

The huge ballroom was covered from top to bottom in breathtaking lights, and it already seemed filled to the brim worth many other men and women who were in stunning dresses or handsome suits. There were several waiters passing by, and as one skipped past the two sisters Lizzy locker her fingers on two glasses of champagne.

"Looking for a certain someone?"

Lynn glanced to her sister beside her, who was taking a sip of her champagne with a raised eyebrow at the girl. Even through the glass of alcohol, she could see Lizzy's smirk.