chapter thirty one

thirty one
"do you copy?"

—

   "LYNN! DO YOU COPY?"

...

   "EVELYNN Kennedy, please answer if you can hear us!"

...

   "Evelynn!"

   And after what seemed like hours of being passed out, Evelynn Kennedy finally peeled her ocean blue eyes open to her surroundings. She let out an exasperated groan, feeling almost every bone in her body exploding in pain. More so, a ringing in her head.

   Lynn shakily rose her now dirty with dust and bruised arm and brushed her fingertips against her forehead. When she brought them close to her face, she could see the bright crimson red that stained her skin.

   Just as Lynn pinned her hands under her body, it hopes she could raise her body up from the crushed rubble beneath her. She was cruelly interrupted as a piercing pain rippled throughout her abdomen. She let out the loudest of groans, not even being able to stop herself, and she groggily dropped her gaze down to her stomach.

   Lynn let out a loud gasp as her eyes landed on her pumping in agony wound; which appeared to be a slim, metal pole that was tore right through her upper left abdomen. The once silver pole was covered in bright red blood, and she couldn't determine whether or not it hit a desperate area. Lynn let out a shaky breath, leaning her body back down to the ground as she tried her best to catch up with her breathing.

   "I pulled a Chimney," Lynn slightly scoffed, and she was sure it was probably just the shock settling in. "Damn."

   "Does anyone copy!?"

   Lynn switched from staring at cement blocks near her body, almost laughing at the fact this was most definitely not some whacked nightmare and was real life. Her eyes landed on her radio resting near her shoulder, almost surprised the banged up object was still functioning. She recognized Bobby's voice, and she pondered on how long the man had been trying to get ahold of her.

   Lynn groaned as she rose her arm again, pressing the button of the radio, which seemed to slip all of the slim energy she still had.

  "H-Hello?" Lynn spoke softly, and her throat felt as dry as a desert, and she immediately released from the radio as another moan escaped her lips, like the pain from her abdomen wound only seemed to be growing by the second.