Chapter 2: Broken Hearts

The Next Day:
Lilly's POV:

I woke up this morning to Jasper not being here with me to wake up. I shrugged it off hoping it was nothing. I got ready for the day and left right to school. When I arrived I parked in my normal spot, noticing that the Cullen's spots were empty. Sighing I got out and then spotted Bella, running up to her.

"Hey, Bells." I smiled the best I could.

"Hey." Bella did the same. "You hear from them?"

"No. Not since Jasper left my house last night." I sighed. "You?"

"Same as you." Bella frowned making me nod sadly.

"I'm sure everything's going to be okay." I said assuringly, but really I think I was trying to assure myself.

"Really?" Bella asked.

I nodded as we both headed to class.

Later:

It was now lunch and the Cullen's still had yet to show up.

"They're still not here." Bella frowned, setting her tray down next to mine as we sat with her friends.

"Maybe they went hunting." I whispered to her. She nodded along with me. I hope that is what they're doing.

After School:

Finally leaving last period I made my way to my locker, put some of my things away, and left towards my car and went straight home. I went to my room and started my homework, attempting to take my mind off the Cullen's, however, I finished my homework much faster than I liked. Luckily Mom called me down for dinner.

"How was school, sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Okay." I shrugged pushing my veggies around my plate.

"Honey, are you okay?" Dad asked.

"Fine." I nodded, stabbing at a piece of meat before eating it.

"Okayyy." Mom said as she looked at Dad and gave him the look.

"Well, I'm not sure you know, but......." The phone rang, cutting Dad off. "Hold that thought."

"Hello?" Dad asked. I didn't even bother to listen into the phone call. "What?! We'll be right over!"

"What's going on?" Mom frowned.

"Bella's missing. Charlie is putting together a search party." Dad informed.

"Let's go!" I stated, running to grab my jacket, hopping into Dads car as we sped into town. When we arrived at Charlie's there were people from the neighborhood and Rez, including Billy and Harry, around Charlie's cruiser, looking at a map.

"Charlie!" I stated getting his attention.

"Lilly, Melissa, Michael. I'm glad your here." Charlie said before turning to me. "Have you seen her?"

"Not since school." I frowned getting worried as we joined looking at the map.

"I'm gonna try the Cullen's place again." Charlie mumbled.

"The Cullen's left town, Charlie." Billy said making my head snap towards him.

"What?" I asked.

"Good riddance." Harry mumbled.

"Will someone tell me the hell what's going on?!" I just about snapped, shocking Charlie. I gave him an apologetic look before looking to Billy and my parents.

"That's what we were trying to tell you at dinner sweetheart." Mom frowned.

"No, no your lying." I shook my head.

Billy was about to say something but something caught Jacob's eye. "Charlie." He called out.

We looked back to see Sam carrying Bella out of the woods. Thank God! Charlie and I ran over to Bella, getting her from Sam.

"She's alright." Sam assured.

"I got her." Charlie said taking her from Sam's arms. "Thank you, Sam."

I sent Sam and smile which I got in return before following Charlie, helping him get her in the house and upstairs to her room. When we got to her room, I wrapped Bella in as many blankets as I could to get her warm.

"What the hell were you thinking, baby?" Charlie asked. "Why were you out there?"

"He's just gone." Bella whispered to herself, but only I heard.

I stayed until Bella was warm and fell asleep. On the ride back with my parents I tried to keep my cool.

(A/N: Cue When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne)

Once we got back home, I quickly ran upstairs to my room.

When I entered I saw Jack standing by my window with a sad look.

"Jack-Jack, is it true? They're gone?" I asked as tears started to form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry mama." Jack said looking at me sadly. "But I'm not leaving like they did. Dad and I got into a fight, but I'm making you the same promise you made me."

Even though my boy said he was staying and I couldn't be happier, it still broke me when he mentioned the rest of them left. Jasper left. Jasper left me and our son, again.

Jack quickly caught me and held me as I collapsed and started crying.

"It's going to be okay, Mom." Jack said as he held me. "Rose asked me to give you this."

          Lilly,

               I'm sorry we had to leave this way. Edward told Bella it was because of Carlisle's looking older than he is, but it's not. He really just though it would be safer for you and Bella if we all left, even though all of us are now upset because we liked being in Forks. We liked being around you. Don't be too upset at Jasper, Edward had convinced him to follow him. We don't know where they are, just that they want to be alone, but I promise, Emmett, Alice, and I will come see you and Jack again someday. We love you so much Lilly.

                                                              Love, Rosalie

This made me cry harder as I held it to my chest. Mom and Dad must have heard me crying because they came in looking at me sadly before joining us on the floor hugging me. I never thought heartbreak would hurt this bad, but I guess that's the price you pay when you put your heart into someone's hands that really doesn't care about you. And I thought the imprint bond was supposed to be something sacred, turns out it's nothing but deceitful lies, and heartbreak that can never be fixed.