Chapter 4: November🍁🍂🦃

Jackson's POV:

The leaves made movement and fell more and more, Mom still stayed in bed, unresponsive. She's gotten worse since last month. She's stopped eating all together, and it seems like her magic is dwindling by each hour. Her being my Mother and me used to being a witch still lets me feel her power, and it's growing as weak as she is.

It's been a hassle getting her to eat. She went from eating half of what she used to, to only eating bites. It's a good thing she's so blocked out she doesn't know the time, so I keep bringing her small snacks to make sure she's at least surviving. The last time I tried to force her to eat, well, let's just say her room almost lit itself on fire. So Grandpa and I stopped doing that.

As for school, people have noticed that I'm still here, even though my family left, but instead of making fun, they wonder where Mom and Bella is.

As for Bella, I've only seen her around school, but it seemed like she doesn't realize I'm here. She looks bad, but she isn't as bad as Mom because Mom imprinted on Dad, Bella was only Edwards blood-singer. I've stopped trying to get Bella's attention to help her because it seems like she doesn't want it. Hell, she hasn't even checked up on Mom, even though Mom put all of her emotions aside when Bella went missing and tried to comfort her until she fell asleep.

Anyways, Thanksgiving rolled around. I thought we made a little progress with Mom when we had thanksgiving dinner and Charlie came over. Bella apparently couldn't get out of the house, Charlie told us. However, when we were having dinner Mom was still unresponsive. She had two bites of everything on her plate which wasn't much before she excused herself back to her room.

"Her too?" Charlie asked after Mom disappeared upstairs. "What's with these girls? It's been hard."

"Well, Charlie, Lilly doesn't have much family. She only had her father and I throughout her whole life. But when the Cullen's came into it, she was even happier to have a family that loved her." Grandma told him, lying because she couldn't tell him the truth. But most was accurate enough. "But they just up and move and it took a toll on her bad. She feels as if everyone is going to leave her eventually."

Charlie nodded, then looked at me. "Why didn't you go?"

"Well, even though the Cullen's adopted me and my siblings, I couldn't help but stay for Lilly. She was too much like family to me to be able to leave her behind. But I'll probably catch up with the Cullen's again sometime. I'm just greatful that Melissa and Mikael opened their home to me." I stated.

Lilly's POV:

Charlie had come over for Thanksgiving dinner. I had to go downstairs or else I would have been forced down. However, I didn't feel like eating. I never do. In the middle of dinner I felt my heart clench even more in pain.

"Excuse me." I whispered heading upstairs back to my room. I spent the rest of the night there looking out my balcony. Sighing I spotted a picture of Jasper and I from over the summer. Looking at it made my heart hurt more. This sadness was too much and I launched the picture across the room, hitting the wall, making the glass shatter into a million pieces.

Jackson's POV:

I jumped up quickly and rushed upstairs with Grandma and Grandpa behind me when he heard something shatter. We rushed in to see Mom sitting on the floor crying as she held her heart.

"Oh, Mom." I just wanted to cry.

"I can't. I can't. I can't anymore, Jack-Jack. It hurts." She continued to cry as we got her into bed and held her. She continued to cry curled into us as she held onto her heart until she fell asleep.

"Oh, my poor baby." Grandma cried. "I can't stand seeing her like this."

"I'm going to go back to the house." I told them. "Maybe see if there's any books Carlisle left behind that will help her."

Grandma and Grandpa nodded, watching Mom in her sleep.

Later:

I arrived back at home and there were nothing in any of those books. I walked towards my room when I heard Mom start to cry in her sleep before she started yelling.

I quickly sped into her room.

"Mom! Wake up Mama!" I shook her making her jolt up.

"I'm so sorry Jack-Jack." She cried as I climbed in and held her.

"It's okay Mama." I shh'd. "It's okay."