Angelic nightmare

Why hello!

Genre: General fiction (I think)

I might take this down :/

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Oh no. She's back at it again." Mark muttered beside her.

"That hoe. Give me that." Anjelica snatched his phone from his hands and began texting, her nails making annoying sounds on the screen.

"Literally, ugh." She groaned. 

"Right? I've told Anna a million times over. I don’t want to talk." Mark stood up and began pacing in the hotel room. 

"That bitch. She literally RUINED our vacation. Like, you broke up with her a year ago!" Anjelica scoffed and glared at the screen in her hand. 

"She can't find another like me." He joked.

She laughed and stood up, her heels clicking softly on the tiles 

"Um, Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's the duct tape…?"

He eyed her weirdly."I have no idea what you're talking about. Anyway, make sure we've got everything packed. We're leaving in a few—"

His phone rang on the bed.

"Who's that?" Anjelica asked while rummaging through her suitcase placed at the side of their small hotel room.

"Oh...it’s Anna."

She snapped her head to his direction and glared. "If you're thinking about picking that up I swear—"

"No...Yes...uh. I just want to hear her out and maybe I can convince her that I'm happy with my new girlfriend." He smiled and scratched the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact.

Anjelica pursed her lips and continued rummaging through her suitcase, her search becoming more aggressive.

"I'll be in the bathroom." He muttered, running a hand through his dark hair and picking up the call. "Hi. Ye— look Anna …" He closed the bathroom door.

◇▪︎◇▪︎◇                   ◇▪︎◇▪︎◇

A few hours later 

Mark and Anjelica were seated in the airplane, putting on their seatbelts when Mark suddenly blurted out:

"How come you never talk about your exes?"

Anjelica froze.

"What—" She crossed her arms and huffed. "I've told you and I'll tell you again. I have never had an ex."

This was hard to believe. Anjelica was beautiful and she knew it. She had platinum blonde hair, blue eyes, high cheekbones,  small pointed nose and full lips. Anybody would be proud to be her boyfriend so why hadn't she dated anyone before moving to America?

"Look—" She sighed as she saw his skeptical expression. "I don't know what to tell you or how to prove that I've been single most of my life."

Mark shook his head.

"Mark. Can we talk do this later at my house because—"

"Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of the crew, I ask that you please direct your attention to the monitors as we review the emergency procedures..." the flight attendant spoke through the speakers. Mark listened intently while Anjelica inspected her nails.

"...while we wait for takeoff, please take a moment to review the safety data card in the seat pocket right in front of you." Mark grabbed the card and nodded as he flipped through the pages.