john b | we all have a thing for her [ 1/5 ]

{ 1K reads special!! }

Was I aware that 5 of my closest friends all liked me? Maybe a little, but this is the story of the week they all decided to reveal it to me, one by one.

- - -

{ i know lots of people skip to the character/s they like the most (i literally do it as well) but for this little series it kinda doesn't make sense if you don't see the others because they all link together, but if you don't wanna do that, i get it, it just might be a bit confusing! thank you! }

—————
monday

I woke up pretty early which absolutely sucked. I was the kinda person to wake up at 1pm everyday, and for some reason, today I woke up at 9am. I looked around for my phone, but I realised I left it charging downstairs, and mentally prepared myself to get ready.

"Morning, Y/n! How are you?" my mom greeted, as she made breakfast.

"I'm okay, you?" I replied.

"Yeah, I'm good. Oh! Your phone was buzzing a lot about an hour ago. Maybe you should check." she told me, as she gestured to the charger.

I thanked her and opened my phone to reveal almost 70 texts from Kie.

kie: girl where are you?!? i've just found out some news you're gonna wanna hear
> y/n are you kidding me wake UP
>> i literally can't wait anymore!!
>>> i'm just gonna tell you, john b just told me he likes you!!

I started at my screen in shock. I knew they all kinda joked around about being with me but I never thought they would ever tell me.
I replied to Kie.

you: sorry what?! when did he tell you that?

kie: literally this morning!! but i wasn't supposed to tell you, can you come to the chateau asap??

you: okay see ya :)

I didn't really feel like seeing him, but I knew I couldn't avoid him so I got myself ready to go, and left the house.

************

"Hey everyone!" I greeted, as I sat on the hammock next to Kie. I pretended that I didn't know anything but inside I was shaking. I didn't want any to change between me and John, and liked our friendship as it was, but that's not to say I'd never date him.

"Hey Y/n." they all replied separately.

"So what's going on?" I asked. As I looked around I examined everyone's faces and everyone's expressions were different. John seemed nervous, Pope seemed upset, JJ seemed angry and Kie was just sat there smiling. If Kie hadn't told me what was going on, I would've been hella confused at this point. I understood why JB was nervous, but why did Pope and JJ seem off as well?

"I have something to tell you..." John B mumbled.

"You're gonna tell her in front of us? Fuck that." JJ huffed, as he got up and walked into the Château.

"What was that all about?" I asked, watching JJ slowly walk away.

"Yeah, I'm gonna leave too." Pope sighed, as he got up and followed JJ.

"Well it's awkward if I stay..." Kie mumbled, as she ran after the boys.

"So what's going on?" I questioned.

"I like you, Y/n. And I have for quite a while now."

"Really?"

"Yeah... So uh, how do you feel about that?"

"I don't know... I don't want anything to change between us." I weakly smiled.

"Right..." he replied, his voice cracking a little.

"I'm not saying nothing could ever happen, but just not right now..."

"I'm sorry, Y/n. Kie told me I should tell you so I did. I didn't mean to make it awkward though."

"I'm glad you did tell me," I reassured him, "And it's not awkward, it's all gonna be okay."

"Thanks, Y/n."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulders to make him feel better. He hugged me back and we stood there for a few minutes, before Pope came over to grab his phone.

"So you like him back?" he scoffed, making me pull away from John.

"What? Why did you react like that?!" I questioned.

"I..." he paused. "I'm going home. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay...?"

"What was that all about?" John B asked.

"I have no idea..."

____________________
AUTHORS NOTE

this is the first part out of five to my little short series! its as a thank you for the 1K reads so i hope you all enjoy it!

i don't want to give too much info away so...

thank you! <3

____________________