Chapter 7

It's the next day when I'm rudely woken up by the opening of my door, the kids jumping on my bed shouting, and Lana opening the curtains of my room.

I groan hiding under the covers from the chaos that just barged into my room, wishing they would all just disappear.

"Everleigh! Get up! I want to eat!" Declan yells as he accidentally jumps on my leg and falls on me laughing.

Luca then decides to jump back and forth over my legs thinking it's a game.

I groan some more, still unresponsive to their calls.

Next thing I know the covers are ripped off me and I see the smiling face of Lana.

I do not smile in return.

"Time to get up, it's 8:00," Lana says walking to the doorway.

"Boys, off now! And exactly, it's 8:00 am, on a Saturday! Why can't I sleep in?" I ask, slightly raising my voice looking at her annoyed that I was woken up.

The boys jump off the bed and run downstairs.

"Please watch your tone, Everleigh. I understand you may be grumpy cause I woke you up. But refrain from talking to me like that. Instead talk it out with me, don't raise your voice or give me an attitude." Lana says looking at me sternly with her arms crossed.

I sit up in bed and look away, "Sorry."

"Thank you for apologizing, I'm sorry too. I woke you up because you have to help us get ready for your friends coming over."

"It's not like a party." I say unsure why we have to get ready so early on in the day.

"Oh it always is in this household."

I look at her uncertainty as she leaves the room.

— — —

Once everyone finishes breakfast, Lana hands River and I a list of things to do, while she tells Declan and Luca to make name plates for the dinner table.

The boys excitedly rush to the dining room table where Lana places the art supplies, I smile at their excitement. It'd only be a matter of time before they'd make a mess.

Out of habit I shout out to deaf ears, "Don't make a mess!"

I shake my head and look down at the list, noting the cleaning I would have to do.

Lana comes up from behind me, "Are your friends allergic to anything? Do they like pizza, salad, and wings?"

"I can ask them," I say, pulling out my phone.

Everleigh: Hey, is anyone allergic to anything?

Clyde: PDA

Everleigh: No, really? :o

Clyde: I know, it's quite tragic

Esme: No allergies here.

Everleigh: Thank you

Clyde: I get no 'thank you'?!?!

Esme: I can give an actual answer.

Clyde: mine was an actual answer!

Bexley: WHY HAVE I BEEN SUMMONED SO EARLYYYY???

Clyde: Woah, no need to shout

Everleigh: Are you allergic to anything?

Bexley: Nopeee

Everleigh: Do you know if Kaden and Cas are allergic to anything?

Bexley: Kaden's allergic to blueberries