0.4 BETRAYAL

A now seventeen, almost eighteen-year-old Amara walked from her room late as always. She was expecting to see the other Padawan's walking around as they usually had but was surprised to see no one. The unusual quietness sent a shiver down the girl's spine as she walked up the temple stairs. When she entered the temple, she gasped loudly as tears pooled her vision. Laying before her were the bodies of the Padawan's. Fear coursed through her veins as she searched for her brother.

"BEN? WHERE ARE YOU?" she screamed out her voice echoing off the walls. She turned down a hallway finding more dead bodies. She entered the cafeteria and that's when she saw him.

Ben Solo stood before the dead Padawan's. A lightsaber, one Amara had never seen before was ignited at his side. The blazing red color covered the dark room. Amara gasped catching her brother's attention. The boy turned toward her his eyes filled with tears. Blood splattered across his face and pain covering his features.

"Ben." Amara whispered not wanting to believe what she saw in front of her. Ben turned quickly making his way out of the room. Before he could leave Amara ran stopping in front of him, blocking him.

"No Ben! What are you doing?" Fear coated her words as she pleaded with her brother. The boy ignored her walking past her out of the room. Amara went to follow but stopped for a moment taking in the sight before her. Her heart shattered as she looked at the blood on the wall. A scream was heard from a distance and Amara's head snapped in the direction it came from

"Jade" she whispered as she followed the yelling. She came to a stop outside of a large room where Jade stood before her brother.

"This is not the acts of the boy I fell in love with" Jade said trying her best not to cry

"The boy you fell in love with is dead" Ben said with venom in his words. Time moved in slow motion as Amara watched the red blade tear through Jade's chest. She made eye contact with her brother over Jade's shoulder. Ben pulled the blade from the girl's chest as Amaras heart dropped

"NO" She screamed as Ben backed away. For a moment she saw a look of regret flood his features but as quickly as she noticed it, it had disappeared. Ben ran from the room as Amara ran toward her friends falling body. Before Amara could reach her, Jade's body hit the ground quickly disappearing. Amara fell to her knees as tears fell from her eyes.

"No, no, no. Jade!" She cried out as she grabbed the robe that laid where Jade's body should have been. Amara sat there screaming till her throat was raw. Ben had fled from the planet quickly trying his best to block out the screams of his sister. After a few hours Amara had finally stopped screaming completely losing her voice and now sat staring absentmindedly at the wall of the room. A few rebellion soldiers filled the room grabbing Amara. She thrashed around in the arms of the soldiers trying to escape their grip. They pulled the girl out of the temple. She quickly became soaked from the heavy down pour as she continued to fight, the soldiers pulled her onto their ship letting her body collapse against the ground. One of the soldiers moved to the cockpit and sent a transmission to their base

'The temple was on fire and collapsing. Only one survivor'

Amara calmed down and curled up in a corner waiting to reach base. Once the ship landed, she ran off looking around. She quickly spotted her mother running to her and collapsing in her arms. Leia cried as she hugged her daughter. Once the pair calmed down Leia ushered her to her office. Once inside the two women sat down.

"What happened to your brother?" Leia asked barley above a whisper.

"He's the one who killed them all...." Amara said staring at the wall imaging the blood splatters from before. Leia had expected the worst but that was not what she thought. She shivered at the thought as tears filled her eyes.

"And your uncle?" Amara shook her head. She couldn't remember seeing his dead body and she had not run into him.

"I don't know" Leia nodded. The two girls sat in silence for a few minutes trying to fully comprehend the situation

"Where's dad? And Chewie?" Leia looked at her daughter

"He...left" Amara looked at her mother expecting her to be joking.

"He left? He left you?" Leia nodded at her daughter's words laying a hand on her thigh

"He left shortly after you and your brother. He wasn't happy sending you two off" More tears fell from Amara's eyes as she listened to her mother's words. She was in shock. First her brother kills her best friend and turns to the dark side, she figure's out her Uncle's missing and now her father hadn't been there to greet her when she returned. More importantly her father hadn't been there to comfort her.

From this day on... nothing would be the same