0.6 SECRET MISSIONS AND BIRTHDAY WISHES

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to the biggest pain in my ass! Happy Birthday to you" Poe sang as he danced around Amara's room. The girl laid in bed, her blanket pulled over her head as she laughed at her best friend. Today was her thirty-first birthday.

"Oh come on sleeping beauty, get up it's our last day together before I leave for a mission and I would appreciate you spending it with me" Poe said as he ripped the blankets off the girl. Amara shivered as the cold air hit her skin.

"Poe, I was comfortable" She complained. Poe laughed as he grabbed the outfit Amara had laid out throwing it at the girl hitting her in the face

"ow, you ass" The two laughed as Amara finally pulled herself out of bed grabbing the clothes. She entered her bathroom quickly getting ready before heading back into the room. Poe now sat on the edge of her bed.

"Finally" Poe said as he stood. Amara rolled her eyes at the boy as the pair headed down to the mess hall for breakfast.

"So we're gonna eat breakfast, then go see you're mom. She said if you didn't see her at least once today, so she could wish you happy birthday she would personally strangle me" Poe spoke causing Amara to laugh. After a few years of knowing Poe the boy caught on to her lie and Amara was forced to tell him the truth. Ever since that day Leia had made it her mission to torture Poe anytime he talked to her about her daughter.

"Then after that I figured we'd take a speeder around the planet and get away for a little. I know how much you hate you're birthday and I know you hate it even more when people make a big deal about it" Amara smiled slightly her heart swarming knowing Poe remembered such little things about herself.

"really? cause then you wouldn't force me to celebrate it each year" the two laughed as they sat down eating their food.

"Well you're getting old either way" Amara playfully hit the boy on the shoulder

"You say that like you're not older then me" Poe scoffed at the girl

"don't remind me" the two laughed. They quickly finished their food and headed to Leia's office. Once there Amara knocked before letting herself in. Her mother sat at her desk looking through a folder. Leia looked up noticing the pair she stood to her feet hugging her daughter.

"Happy Birthday dear" Leia said holding her daughters face in her hands. Amara smiled at her mother. Leia let go sitting back in her seat.

"come sit. both of you" Amara and Poe sat across from Leia watching as she flipped through the folders on her desk.

"Amara, I would like you to accompany Poe on his mission tomorrow" Amara's eyes went wide as she looked at Poe who was just as shocked as she was

"excuse me general, but are you sure? I just mean Amara hasn't been on any missions, like ever" Poe spoke as Amara nodded agreeing with him.

"Yes I know, but it's important she joins you" Amara and Poe shared a look of concern.

"Why?" Leia pulled a hologram from a folder a older man Amara recognized from her youth appeared in a blue haze.

"Because this man, Lor San Tekka is an old friend of mine and he holds a valuable piece of information" Leia spoke. Amara sat up in her seat at her mother's words.

"what kind of information?"

"the map to Luke Skywalker" Poe spoke remembering the briefing Leia had given him before. Amara's face twisted in shock.

"There's... You found..." Amara's words swam around her mind. She couldn't process the information correctly.

"No. We haven't found him yet, but we believe the map will lead us to him" Amara nodded at her mother's words. Hope filled her veins at the thought of possibly finding her uncle after all these years.

"now, do you understand why you must go?" Amara nodded

"of course" The girl breathed out. After a few more moments of silence Leia dismissed the two. Poe walked silently beside Amara to the speeders. The new information still processing for the girl. Poe stopped pulling Amara into a empty hall way.

"are you okay?" Poe asked with a look of concern covering his features

"yes. I'm just in shock." Poe nodded satisfied with her answer. They made their way to the speeders hoping in the closest one.

"you ready?" Poe questioned Amara laughed nervously

"not with you driving, I'm not" Poe laughed at the girl as he took off. The wind blew through the girls hair a bright smile across her face as Poe cheered beside her. Poe was always the one for speed but Amara didn't mind much. She had become used to it and it had always sent a thrill through her body.

"Whoo Hoo" The girl cheered as they continued to travel around the planet. Eventually Poe slowed down making a full stop in front of an empty field.

"what are you doing?" She questioned. Poe hopped out of the speeder motioning for her to follow. Amara confused followed the boy.

"Passed this the other day when I went to get parts for my X-wing. Figured it was the perfect place to watch the sunset" Amara let out a small laugh. Poe guided the girl through the field to a small picnic that had been set up. Amara gasped in shock looking at the boy.

"Poe what the hell?" Poe smiled at her as he sat pulling her down with him.

"What I wanted to surprise you" Amara smiled wide as she hugged the boy.

"Thank you Poe. This is the best birthday I've had in a really long time" Poe nodded as he hugged back

The two talked and laughed as they watched the sunset on the horizon. Once it was completely gone they star gazed for a bit before heading back to base. Poe walked the girl back to her quarters bidding her a goodbye and wishing her one last happy birthday before retiring to his quarters. Amara got ready for bed and tired her best to get a good nights rest before the mission a head of her.