𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓲

Immediately after reaching home, the petals came back causing her to run to her toilet and cough her lungs out but, this time a full flower and a few thorns came shooting out, swimming in a pool of blood. She started becoming concerned, searching up the symptoms and finding out what was wrong with her. "Hanahaki Disease. The disease born of unrequited love. The affected person will cough up petals, then full flowers and thorns. The only two known cures are surgery and having the feelings returned, however with the removal of the flowers, the feelings disappear and sometimes the memories of the person. In some rare cases, the carrier's ability to love someone romantically is lost forever." (Y/n) wiped her mouth, forgetting about the trail of flowers leading to the bathroom before lying down on her bed, feeling exhausted, before hearing the oh-so-familiar knocks from her favourite superhero.

"Cat!" She opened up the window, letting him in before coughing once more into her hand, revealing thorns and petals coated in blood.

"Hey (Y/n)..." She looked at him in shock, no nickname? "Are you alright?" She nodded vigorously, wiping her hand with a tissue and throwing it into the bin. "I need to talk to you..." He looked down at the girl he'd been visiting for months. "We can't see each other anymore." He sighed. "I...have a girlfriend now." (Y/n)'s heart sunk. The one person she believed she could rely on was leaving her behind - but she understood.

"Oh..." she looked down at her blood-stained hands and pulled out the ring box, showing Cat Noir the ring. "I was hoping to give this to the guy I love today. But it turns out he's got a girlfriend as well." She sighed again. "Well, I'm happy he's happy, and he's dating Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She's an amazing person, and I want the two of them to be-" She began coughing once again, blood-stained petals and thorns spilling out and littering the bedsheets. Cat Noir lunged forward to rub her back, realising that the guy she liked...was him.