𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

"Daddy!" The small girl tugged her father's sleeve as the tall model and fashion entrepreneur entered his home to three children, his loving wife and a hamster. "Can you tell me about (Y/n) (L/n) again?" The man chuckled under his breath as he took off his blazer and loosened his tie.

"Of course, Emma." He noticed his wife coming out of the living room while on the phone with their high school friends. "I'll tell you when we go to the graveyard today." Marinette knew this day was hard on her husband, Adrien, primarily since he still blamed himself for their classmate's death all those years ago. Emma pouted but huffed a small 'okay' before running off to play with her brothers.

"Are you okay, Adrien?" Marinette kissed her husband, who looked down at the ground before pulling the infamous chain into sight. Marinette had never heard the story behind the necklace; she just knew that it was a present from (Y/n) that Adrien never wanted to let go.

"I think you deserve to know the story behind (Y/n)'s death." He took a deep breath, putting his hands on Marinette's.

"You don't have to. I know it's hard on you." Marinette put her head on her husband's chest.

"No, no. I've kept it a secret for 20 years. You, especially, deserve to know the truth." Adrien took off the necklace and held it in his hand. "She didn't have a heart attack, she had a disease known as Hanahaki, and it's all my fault." Tears pricked Adrien's green eyes. Marinette gave Adrien her hand, telling him that she was there. "Hanahaki is caused by unrequited romantic feelings. The doctor told Marc, Nathaniel, her mom and I, that (Y/n) had Hanahaki for a few months before she died, but even she didn't know."

Marinette's eyes widened. "So it was...our fault?" Adrien's hand shot up to cup Marinette's cheek. "She loved you." Tears threatened to fall from Marinette's eyes.

"It all came to light when the two of us revealed our relationship. She began coughing up rose petals and thorns. Do you remember the day she didn't come to school because she was visiting the doctor?" Marinette nodded. "That was the night she died. Her mom didn't want us to blame ourselves, but I found out because I used to sneak into (Y/n)'s room every night after she was akumatized, just to check up on her. She didn't want to live without love - she knew her feelings for me were too strong, so she didn't get the surgery. Nathaniel and Marc were there when she died." Adrien squeezed Marinette's hand after putting the chain around his neck again.

"So the Bloodied Flowers Foundation is for the disease?" Adrien nodded as Marinette put the pieces together.

The two stopped talking when their three children came running in, dressed in black. Hugo, aged 10, the oldest child was wearing a similar suit to his father while Emma, aged 8, wore a small black dress and Louis, aged 4, wore a tiny suit (all designed by their mother.)

"Daddy, daddy!" Louis waddled up to his parents, excited to hear more stories about (Y/n). "Let's go!" For some reason, Louis always seemed to like going to the graveyard where (Y/n) was buried.

***

The family arrived at the churchyard with a bouquet of pastel pink roses. They met with Alya and Nino, who'd brought their two children. Marc and Nathaniel met Adrien, giving him a small smile; remembering that (Y/n)'s mom had died of loneliness two years after her daughter.

The area dedicated to the 14-year-old was the most decorative, bright and bubbly one of the drab and gloomy graveyard - just like (Y/n)'s electrifying personality. Whenever she would walk into the room, her smile would spark happiness into even the most depressed people.

The headstone was drawn on by Nathaniel. He'd taken inspiration from a photo of (Y/n), Adrien, Nathaniel, Marc, Marinette, Nino and Alya. There were pastel pink roses at the foot of the stone - reminding Adrien of (Y/n)'s death. Nathaniel and Marc brought their series of Manga (which were dedicated to their passed friend.)

Even Chloe arrived with Kim, her husband. She brought a small picture frame with a photo of the two girls (and Adrien) as children. Playing, laughing and smiling together. (Y/n) was her first friend and she'd begun to realise the impact the dead girl had on her.

Adrien searched for the two ambassadors of the Bloodied Flowers Foundation, ready to give the money he gave every year. He went to talk to the man and women (both were survivors of the disease) while his wife caught up with her best friend.

Adrien finished talking to the people from the charity and stood before (Y/n)'s grave. Laying the bouquet of roses by the headstone, he took a deep breath before crouching and talking to the dead girl.

"Hey, (Y/n). I'm back again. It's been 20 years, and I still miss you. I always wonder whether the two of us could've had a happy life together - raising children and pursuing our careers. You could've become a world-famous artist! That's my fault." Adrien sighed as his children joined him.

"Dad. Is this (Y/n)'s grave?" Adrien pulled his children close to himself, talking to his children about (Y/n) about her loving nature and how she was a bubbly and bright girl who left this world too soon." The day pulled to a close as the families left, leaving only the Agrestes. Adrien told the rest of his family to wait in the car and that he was coming.

"Maybe, (Y/n), you and I could've happened. What happened to you is my greatest regret. I love Mari, don't get me wrong, but I think 14-year-old me loved you as more than a friend." Adrien took out one of the roses and pulled out a ring from his pocket. "I got this ring made; to go with the one around my neck." He pulled out a chain from his pocket and threaded the ring through it. He fastened it around the headstone. "I loved you, (Y/n). I only wish I could've told you sooner."