𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓿𝓲

Her friends had stayed over that night, savouring their friend's last moments. Every few minutes, she'd cough up a few flowers or thorns accompanied by enough blood to fill a shot glass. By the morning, (Y/n) had passed. Her mother woke up to the sobs of Marc with Nathaniel consoling his boyfriend. They prepared for her funeral, inviting the school but telling them that she passed because of a heart attack. (Y/n)'s mom and friends didn't want Marinette and Adrien feel responsible because it was purely her choice.

However, Adrien knew the moment Marc and Nathaniel entered the room with solemn faces - that (Y/n) had died. That (Y/n) hadn't done the surgery. That he'd never hear (Y/n)'s laugh, see her bright face or see those drawings she was making for Cat Noir. He played with the ring around his neck - making himself feel guilty. For once, Hawk Moth didn't take advantage of the extreme wave of sadness from his son's classmates. He was quite fond of the young girl, having seen her grow up into the caring girl she was.

The funeral was a beautiful ceremony. Marinette designed a dress (which was made by Gabriel Agreste) which the dead girl wore as her mother carefully laid her in the simple wooden coffin. Her mother mourned the loss of her daughter. Pastel pink roses were decorating the room. To everyone else, it was the girl's favourite flower. However, for those who knew, it was a cruel reminder of just how she'd passed.

Adrien Agreste and Gabriel Agreste made a substantial donation into the "Bloodied Flowers" foundation, in honour of the passed girl. Both (Y/n) and her mother wanted her body mostly untouched for the ceremony, so the roses remained in her lungs forever - yet another cruel reminder of how she passed. Luckily, a single flower from her lungs was removed and taken to Cambridge University (in the UK) where they had a facility working on researching a cure for the deadly love disease.

Every year, the passed girl's classmates came to her grave, placing a pastel pink rose by her gravestone. They got over it, well most of them. Marc and Nathaniel refused to let her memory die, telling their adopted children stories about how the cheerful girl had lived her life. Adrien Agreste, however, always wore the ring she gifted him around his neck - telling his children it was a gift from his best friend. Even as adults, he blames himself and never forgave himself for letting her pass. Adrien donated the same amount of money into the charity on her death anniversary - becoming one of the most prominent figures in the campaign to find a cure for the disease.

The secret of (Y/n)'s death died with Marc, Nathaniel, (Y/n)'s mom and Adrien.