3

Louis wakes up without Harry beside him. He huffs sleepily and rolls over to look at his alarm clock. 3:26. Fucking fabulous.

His alpha instincts start to kick in, and he realises his pregnant omega isn't where he usually is. A rush of panic floods over him as he sits up, turning on the lamp next to the bed. There's a faint light coming from the staircase, and he quickly makes his way down the stairs and to the kitchen, where the source of the light seems to be.

Harry is standing at the counter, his arm wrapped around a mixing bowl. His other hand is mixing whatever the hell is in the bowl with a spoon, and his belly looks especially prominent in the band t-shirt he wore to bed. He looks up when Louis walks in, frowning guiltily at Louis' bed head and sleepy eyes.

"'M sorry I woke you up," He says sheepishly, halting his mixing as he bites his bottom lip. Louis just grins sleepily, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his joggers and meandering over to the counter.

"You didn't," He assures. "I had to wee anyways. What're you making there, love?"

"Brownies!" Harry chirps with a big smile. Louis' hand finds it's way to the small of Harry's back as he peers into the mixing bowl. "I was craving them."

"You should've woken me up," Louis grunts, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist from behind and burying his face into Harry's curls. "You know I like you resting whenever you can. Carrying two babies is a lot of work."

"I didn't want to be a nuisance," Harry admits, and Louis frowns. He hates when Harry even thinks that he could ever be considered a nuisance. Louis wants to keep him and their pups safe, and he wants Harry to feel as though he can ask for help if he needs it. This is just the way Harry is, though.

"You smell so good," Louis mumbles into Harry's hair. Harry giggles while Louis moves his hands from Harry's hips to his bump, kissing the back of Harry's neck. "You're so gorgeous, love."

"Lou," Harry whines before giggling again, pulling a glass brownie pan towards him and pouring the contents of the mixing bowl into it. "'M trying to make my brownies."

"Why don't you let me finish these, and you go back to bed?" Louis suggests gently, licking the side of Harry's face delicately. Harry pouts, but he knows his alpha doesn't like it when he starts an argument, so he sighs reluctantly and turns around in Louis' hold.

"Okay," He exhales, and Louis gives him a pleased grin before leaning forward and pressing their lips together. Harry just grins and blinks sleepily when they separate, and Louis smiles fondly.

"Let's get you upstairs, pet," He mutters, his hand on the small of Harry's back as they walk towards the stairs.

He helps Harry back into bed, kissing his forehead tenderly as Harry lets out a sleepy huff.

"Will you wake me up if I fall asleep?" Harry asks softly, grabbing Louis' hand quickly before Louis can walk away. Louis gives Harry a small smile, shaking his head.

"I want you to rest if you have to, love," Louis explains, giving Harry's hand a squeeze. "If you do fall asleep, your brownies will be wrapped up for you for tomorrow, okay?"

Harry pouts. "Fine," He mumbles, crossing his arms. Louis just grins and shakes his head again.

"I love you," Louis mumbles, leaning down and kissing the top of Harry's head.

"Go make my brownies," Harry teases. Louis sticks his tongue out at him before walking out of the bedroom.

Harry wakes up to the sound of the smoke alarm going off.

He blinks sleepily, wincing at the noise as he throws the covers off of himself. Slowly, he stands up off the bed, one hand on his bump and the other supporting his back. He makes his way out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen, where he knows the source of that burning smell must be coming from.

Louis is standing on a step stool, seemingly trying to turn off the smoke alarm. The beeping stops after a few seconds, and Louis' head falls to his chest in relief.

"Wha' happened?" Harry mumbles sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Get out of the kitchen," Louis says, using his alpha voice. It sends shivers down Harry's spine. "You shouldn't be around the smoke."

Harry pouts, but he begrudgingly shuffled into the lounge and plops down on the sofa. He can hear Louis opening the windows, making the house a bit colder. After a few moments Louis comes in sheepishly. "I burnt your brownies."

"I figured," Harry smiles fondly.

"I'm sorry," Louis frowns.

"Don't be," Harry outstretches his arms towards Louis. Louis reluctantly walks over to the couch, sitting down next to Harry and putting his hand on Harry's bump.

"Do you still want brownies?" Louis asks.

"No," Harry lies. "It's fine." Louis' frown deepens. "How about you make me something you can't burn?"

"Like what?" Louis asks. Harry twists his mouth.

"Can you handle yogurt?" Harry grins, reaching up and running his fingers through Louis' hair. Louis chuckles.

"Hopefully," He kisses Harry's cheek before standing up. "You should go back to bed."

"Don't think these two are letting me sleep for a while," Harry rolls his eyes, smiling lovingly. "They've been moving since they heard your voice."

Louis' face melts into a soft smile. "I love you," He says quietly.

"I love you too," Harry giggles. "Go get me my yogurt."

"Oh, of course, princess," Louis makes a face, making Harry laugh.