V: Frienships & Karma

The morning was still as cold as the sun rises. Y/n groggily sits up from the couch, eyes blurred with dried tears. Her back arches in pain. Maybe passing out in such position on the couch wasn't a good a idea. She checks her wristwatch, it is nearly six in the morning. The last time she checked her watch; it read eleven thirty.

Y/n yawns, stretching her arms as far as Edmond could. She climbs up the staircase into her dormitory. Apparently, she was sharing with Hermione which sounds good. At least she knows one person. She heard that she also shared with someone called Lavender Brown and Pavarti Patil, leaving two more poster beds open. She walks inside to find Hermione already fixing her bed, back facing Y/n.

"Good morning, Hermione." she whispers, tiptoeing.

Hermione jolts at the sudden whisper, and turns around only to find Y/n still dressed in her uniform from the night before.

"Oh hi," she whispers back, timidly, "I see you're all dressed and ready."

"Actually no, I just came inside to get my clothes." Y/n looses her tie and robes and throws it carelessly on her bed, unbuttoning the top buttons of her shirt, chest exposed. She didn't mind if Hermione was watching, they were both girls after all. To Hermione however, was a different story. She takes a good glance at the scene, watching Y/n slowly shedding her clothes off and blushes, looking away. Her trembling mouth tries to find any words to protest — though she couldn't seem to find her voice. At any point, her flaming cheeks would be hot enough to fry an egg.

Y/n walks round her poster bed and heads straight to Edmond's cage. Poor thing, he hasn't been freed since last night. The moment he hears Y/n's footsteps, he takes a peek with one eye open before both of his eyes widens and starts to hoot loudly, desperate to lift his wings. Y/n opens the cage, takes four small fishes from a small box and feeds it to him. He then spreads his wings — almost like stretching — and flies straight to the Owlery.

"W-wait , you sleep here? I thought you slept somewhere else." Hermione whispers, stammering.

"Ermm . . . you see, I passed out in the couch in the common room last night, so . . ." Y/n trails off, scratching the back of her neck, embarrassed, "Well, I'm gonna go shower, can you tell me where the bathrooms are?"

Hermione shakily points to the door on the far left corner. Y/n thanks her, pulls out a fresh set of robes and walks inside, locking a stall for privacy.

The minute she closes the stall door, Hermione lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding and starts pacing around the room, fingers massaging her temple. Merlin's beard, what was that Hermione? And why didn't Adler care that Hermione was watching her practically stripping? Hermione groans in frustration.

Wait . . . why was even she watching her to begin with? Could she be — Hermione widens her eyes. No - - no there's no way! She claws still her crimson cheeks. There's no possibility that she would be having any feelings — no! Yes, Adler may be mild-mannered and sweet and charming and attractive and — she stops herself.

Gods Hermione, what on earth is wrong with you today? But then again . . . how could she stop herself?

Her gestures, her voice and her gaze . . . Adler must've been aware of what she has been projecting every minute. Of course she does — she's Adler. She was a few weeks older, and she's a global star who holds power in anyone's heart and probably the entire school by now.

Hermione runs her fingers through her hair, pulls her out her own set of robes and walks to the bathroom, closing a stall of her own; the sound of water showering madly to her right.

She sighs, starting to head to showers herself.

Fifteen minutes later, Y/n walks out in her new fresh robes, dumps the old ones on a rack and jumps on her bed, sighing; one arm over her eyes while the other resting on her torso. The mattress isn't as comfy as Toppuu's but it's still soft enough. Oh how she missed that teal bed.