road trip?? // kylo ren

Kylo would never in a million years tell you the real reason why he had planned this impromptu mission. Well... "mission". There was no mission, not really. However, he could never tell you that. You would never stop giving him shit for it, and you'd call it what it really was. A road trip.

He said that the two of you had to go on a mission to "tidy up some loose ends" which was extremely vague. It raised an eyebrow for you, but you trusted Kylo immensely. He wouldn't put you in harm's way as you were his organizer, his negotiator, the person working a lot of the behind the scenes affairs that Kylo deemed tedious. You deduced that it was a diplomatic mission. The two of you were most likely going to meet with other political figures and discuss terms and their allegiance, blah blah blah all that boringness.

It was a great assumption. A wrong one, but a great one nonetheless. No, it was something much simpler. He just wanted to be in your company and didn't know how else to do it.

It's odd for him to feel as he does around you. The two of you have always had this special, unspoken connection. It was like the two of you balanced each other out and understood each other so perfectly that there was no need to discuss it. There were ways that only you and Kylo could affect each other. For example, Kylo was the only one able to talk you into letting things go, just like how you were the only one able to get him to watch his temper or calm down. Right now, he needed to get away and calm himself down after his last meeting with Snoke and General Hux. Usually he'd just destroy his surroundings, but all he wanted to do was be with you.

In the silence of the nearly empty ship, he found solace. He was comforted just by your presence, the feeling of you near him. You, however, were bored as hell. You were never someone who could sit in silence comfortably. You liked to talk Kylo's ear off about everything you could possibly think of: random flaws in the government, your wildly incorrect theories on how the force worked, how hilarious Hux's face was when he was angry, anything. Kylo rarely replied with words (only the occasional "hmm" or nod), but he sure as hell listened. He loved hearing you ramble on and on that way you did. You didn't know that, of course. It didn't matter if he told you that he enjoyed it or not; you'd do it anyway.

Yet, you remained silent. You could feel the frustration radiating off of him, a reminder of the heated meeting he just had. You could tell when you should probably keep quiet, and now was definitely one of those rare moments when you actually took that into account. Your leg bounced, your struggle to not say a word obvious. Kylo watched you from the corner of his eye, struggling to not smirk at your inability to sit in silence.

Without knowing it, you started to hum quietly to yourself. The song wasn't a familiar one to Kylo, but then again it wasn't like he had the time to sit himself down and listen to the newest hits. You continued to hum, the tinest smile playing at your lips as you fiddled with your hands in your lap. He didn't know if you were aware that he could hear you clearly in the relatively silent ship. You just kept humming that same uplifting tune, off in your own little dreamworld.

It made Kylo's heart race. He couldn't help but turn and look at you, silently watching. You looked up from your hands because you swore that could feel the heat of his gaze turned from the great expanse of space to you. Your cheeks burned as you let out a tiny squeak, surprised and slightly embarrassed.

Your eyes met after a moment, and that look in Kylo's eyes was back. It was one that you had seen only in the briefest moments while in the company of others. The one from when your eyes finally met for the first time when he had finally shown up without his mask on. The same one from when you showed up in that flowy, golden dress at a mandatory First Order gala. You'd even seen this look that one time you had told off Hux for blatantly disrespecting Commander Ren.

This time you knew what it meant. This time you knew for sure that it was for you. This time you knew you had the same expression.

— — — — —
yeah yeah i know it's all kylo ren so far LMAO i'm trying to get more comfortable with writing his other characters. i've writer some but i haven't really published those because i'm not sure abt it. idk why i'm getting so self conscious about how i write the others LMAOOO okay anyways.

~ cee xoxo