his weakness // kylo ren

a/n: HOLY FFFUUUUCCK THIS ONE IS LONG?? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR.

commander ren has always been a mystery. his reputation as one of the fiercest, most ruthless killers in the galaxy often precedes him. he isn't exactly the type of person you'd want to strike up a conversation with, or even be alone with in all honesty. kylo ren is someone so feared, so intimidating, so secretive, and so strong that no one has even thought to interact with him in any way, shape, or form that isn't business related.

with this in mind, kylo is taken aback when you glance his way with a kind smile on your face. he's astonished at how you don't bat an eye when he starts to walk your way. immediately, you surprise him, make him feel warm inside. that weird warmth confused him completely.

what's even more confusing about this is the circumstances. you weren't an officer or higher official. your job was to make the smaller repairs around the ship, whether that was fixing some wiring or repairing a broken toilet. however, a majority of the damage you had to fix was caused by the man himself, always after his big temper tantrums where he would destroy anything and everything in his path. you were actually doing exactly that right now, cleaning up and repairing the wiring in the wall he destroyed yesterday. after having to redo the same repairs, running to clean up his messes, how were you not resentful? how did you not fear him? how did you not hate him? how could you still smile as he stepped your way?

and why did he walk your way? he didn't exactly have a plan. when he made it to you, he froze. he had no idea why he walked over to you, but he just... did.

you continued to look up at him, a slight smile on your lips. you stared at his expressionless mask, seeing your own reflection on the polished metal. "can i help you, sir?" you asked politely.

he felt himself melting at your voice, so sweet and beautiful. he had no idea what to say. he felt like an idiot, just standing there. he was just standing and staring at you as you were clearly busy fixing another one of his messes. he felt weak.

"i'm sorry," is all he could think of. he wasn't sure what he was more sorry about, destroying the wall or wasting her time like an idiot.

"it's... alright," you looked down, trying to comprehend what was happening right now. what the hell were you supposed to say? "at least it's giving me work to do," you continued with a small laugh. you assumed he was apologizing for the wall, but it was really odd to think that kylo ren, the so-called jedi killer, was apologizing to you for a thing so minuscule.

he stared down at you, just waiting. kylo had no idea what he was waiting for, but he waited for something to happen. he waited until he could think of something to say, until he could think of another way to hear more of your sweet voice. he waited until he could figure out how he could hear more of that laugh.

he studied you, taking in your movements. he watched your eyes as they darted from place to place, unsure what to make of what was happening right now. he looked at your bottom lip, caught every so slightly between your teeth. he could feel how warm your cheeks were without even getting near you.

you suddenly looked up at him, meeting his gaze. you stared into his lifeless mask, confused but intrigued. you were moving slowly, aware that he was tracking your every movement as you started to collect your tools. he continued to just stand there, staring. it was strange, but you didn't mind. you actually felt relatively calm under his gaze.

when you finished collecting your tools and looked back up at him, he immediately left. it was an odd interaction, definitely, but that doesn't mean it was a bad one. little did you know right then that it'd the first of many odd (yet admittedly cute) interactions with this mysterious masked figure.