Chapter 1

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

" Aaliyah wake up you're going to be late for school" Jenna yells. " get up before I throw water at you"

Aaliyah let out a groan before throwing the covers off herself as she sits up. She glares at her aunt, as she smiles at her.

"I'm awake. Happy?" She sighs.

"very" comes her smug response. Aaliyah rolls her eyes as she walks out. She goes to her closet and changes into a long sleeve orange crop top, that shows some stomach, black jeans, and a pair of white and black Adidas. Walking into the bathroom, she brushes out her wavy hair and smile as it bounces back up. Aaliyah loves her hair wavy. Unlike Aaliyah, Elena has straight hair. Ew.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she lets out a sigh. Today will be a great first day. If anyone asks anything I will say I am fine. Lie or not. No matter how much I will hate it. Their parents died about four months ago in a car accident. Elena survived, they didn't.

Walking downstairs she hears Jenna arguing with herself about what to feed us. Ever since their parents died, Jenna's been taking care of them.

"Toast. I can make toast" Jenna reassures herself.

"It's all about the coffee aunt Jenna," Elena says. Aaliyah lets out an eye roll. The twins haven't gotten along ever since the accident, mostly because Aaliyah blames Elena for their parent's death. If she would have never snuck out and had them pick her up, they would still be here.

"Oh god. I'm late for a meeting. How are you getting to school? "Jenna asks Elena, running her hand through her strawberry blond hair.

"Don't worry, Bonnie is on her way to me up" she replies.

"Well, I have to pick up Caroline. I'll see you later" Aaliyah tells Jenna while grabbing her car keys.

"Bye. Behave today Aaliyah. I don't want any complaints from your teachers about you" Jenna says sternly.

"No promises"She replies. Walking out the front door.

FORBES' HOUSEHOLD

"Caroline, you better be ready, I am not going to wait for you" Aaliyah calls out as she walks into the house.

Caroline stuck her head out of her room. "I'm ready, just let me grab my jacket and we'll leave"

Walking into the kitchen, Aaliyah gets a mug," Do you want any coffee?" she asks, while pouring herself some.

Caroline walks out of her room ready, "No thanks, I already had some" she tells her best friend. "So you ready for the first day of school? I'm hoping this year we'll finally get some hot boyfriends"

"No. And I don't want a boyfriend" Aaliyah whines, while stomping her feet, like a five-year-old.

"Well too bad, because we have been single for too long" she tries to reason.

Aaliyah lets out a loud groan "whatever, let's go." she replies while walking out.

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL

"Major lack of male real estate," Bonnie Bennett declares as she and Elena made their way to their lockers. "Look at Kelly Beech. She looks like a hot - can I still say 'tranny mess'?"

"No" Elena screwed her face remembering what she heard before "that's derogatory."

"Oops" Bonnie smirked then sighed "Ahh, find a man coin a phrase. It's a busy year."