Chapter 4

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan entered his bedroom, just as he closed the door he felt something was off. He looked behind him to see that his balcony doors were open. A large crow flew past him and landing on the wooden beam in the room. When he turned around he saw the one person he thought he'd never see again.

"Damon"

Damon smirked, "Hello, brother."

Gilbert Household

Aaliyah stared at herself in the mirror. She felt different, she felt as if there was a possibility she could finally be happy. She grabbed her bag and walked out of her room.

Jenna was coming out of her bedroom, trying to decide what was a better look for her. She saw Aaliyah coming out of her room and thought it would be better to get her opinion.

"Aaliyah!" she exclaimed, reaching for her "come here I need your opinion on what to wear"

"ok," Aaliyah could never understand how Jenna had so much energy at this hour. She felt like going back to bed. " Where are you going?"

" Jeremy's parent-teacher conference." Jenna walked back to look at herself. "Hair up or down?"

"down" she decided after looking. " maybe you should change the dress into something more casual. Tanner is going to look for reasons to blame you for what's happening to Jeremy so don't make it seem as if you care more about your looks than helping Jeremy."

Jenna thought for a second "yeah, your right" she decided to go to change.

Elena walked out of her room ready to leave. When she saw Aaliyah she stopped walking and just stared at her sister. She hated that she wasn't as confident as Aaliyah, maybe if she was she could have Stefan. Immediately a thought came to her, she would be even more confident and flirty around Stefan so maybe, he would go after her and not Aaliyah.

Aaliyah looked up from her phone to see Elena staring at her, she gave her a glance before walking away out the front door. She didn't have time to think about Elena's weirdness. She started her car driving off to pick up Caroline.

Mystic Falls High School

Tanner was trying to teach, " Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now the comet will be its brightest tight after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. " Mr. Tanner saw Aaliyah and Stefan staring at each other with heart eyes, it made him really annoyed that now kids were flirting in his class. "Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Tanner interrupted their staring.

Aaliyah and Stefan looked back at the history teacher startled that they were caught staring and each other. It wasn't embarrassing if Aaliyah wanted to stare and Stefan's insanely hot face when she was going to as much as she wanted.

Aaliyah shook her head, with a slight smile on her face.

.......................

.......................

Elena stared at Aaliyah and Stefan with jealousy, she had tried to get his attention during class but it was useless, he wouldn't stop staring at Aaliyah with such admiration in his eyes. Bonne saw the look in her best friend's eyes and thought of how unfair Aaliyah was being, Elena deserves some happiness, and by the looks of it, she wanted Stefan.

"you know that instead of just staring at him, you could go up to him and ask him out." Bonnie thought.

" It's no use Aaliyah wouldn't stop rambling on about how Stefan already asked her out to Jenna, and they won't stop giving each other heart eyes. How am I supposed to get his attention if he won't stop looking at her?" Elena sighed. She heard them coming over to where they were, she shushed Bonnie to make it seem as if they aren't talking about them.

"So, how about you come over to my place, we will hang out and get to know each other" Stefan asked. Damon would probably be home but it doesn't matter, he just wanted to be with her.

Yeah, of course, I'd love to" Aaliyah beamed, walking with him to her car.

Mystic Grill

"What!?" was the only thing Caroline could say after what she heard come out of Elena's mouth.

" I am going to Stefan's to see if I can get him to go out with me. Look he dropped this book at school so I'll say I'm returning it and I will ask him out in the process" Elena stated confidently as if it was going to work

"No! Are you insane, my best friend, your sister is going out with him, it is not fair that the one time someone wants to go out with her, you try to take him away from her. Ok it's not right, she looks happy, she moving on from the accident and it's messed up that you're doing that" Caroline didn't like it one bit, Aaliyah is her best friend and she hasn't seen her this happy in so long, she wasn't going to let Elena mess it up just because she's selfish and can't let other people be happy.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go" Elena declared while getting up from her seat and grabbing her bag, "I saw Stefan first and I like him a lot"

Salvatore Boarding House

Aaliyah and Stefan were laughing about something ridiculous she had mentioned.  Aaliyah didn't realize that they became closer until Stefan began to gently stroke her right cheek. Aaliyah's breath hitch at his touch as she licked her bottom lip, an action that Stefan watched intently.

Aaliyah's gaze fell onto his lips. As their faces began to get closer, Aaliyah's eyes fluttered, as she felt his breath on her cheek she finally allowed her eye to close, just as his soft lips met her own. They both felt a spark between them, as his hand came up to her hip, while Aaliyah ran her hand through his soft hair. Stefan pulled away slowly not wanting this warm feeling in his body to end.

Aaliyah's eyes slowly opened as she was still recovering from their kiss, Stefan stared at her brown eyes with such intensity.

"I like you Aaliyah Gilbert," Stefan told Aaliyah

"And I like you too Stefan Salvatore" Aaliyah grinned. She couldn't remember a time she was this happy, but she was going to enjoy the feeling for as long as she could.

-Enjoy🦋