Chapter 3

Aaliyah's outfit at the bonfire

Mystic Falls High School

" The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?" Tanner asked Bonnie since she was doodling in her notebook.

"Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." Aaliyah had to giggle at Bonnie's response.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?." Tanner wanted to humiliate everyone since they weren't listening.

It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Matt responded trying to seem cool but failed and looked like an idiot jock.

Tanner looked around the classroom looking for a victim when his eyes landed on Aaliyah" Hmm. Aaliyah? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events?"

" nope!," Aaliyah responded with a smile, making her seem innocent.

Tanner looked like he was going to explode from anger. "listen, Aaliyah, if you're going to continue on with attitude in my classroom then you should take your jokes to detention!"

Stefan wanting to keep Aaliyah from that torture answered for her " There were 346 casualties. Unless you're counting local civilians."

Mr. Tanner was relieved that someone was actually listening to him "That's correct. Mister...?"

"Salvatore" answered Stefan

"Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?" Tanner asked curiously.

"careful Mr. Tanner, don't start crushing on him just because he knows some stuff" that was an opportunity to make fun of him, that Aaliyah definitely wasn't going to miss.

Wanting to take the attention off Aaliyah, he answered Tanner quickly " distant"

" Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

" Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in the city hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner." Stefan corrected his teacher

"Hmmm" was all Tanner could say

.................................

.................................

"ok, so what's the deal with you and the new guy?" Caroline asked Aaliyah while they were getting drinks

"I'm not sure. I mean he's hot, but Elena has her eye on him and I really don't want her up my ass bugging me to stay away from him." And it was true they had so many problems it was probably best if Aaliyah just stayed far from Stefan.

"No! I've had enough of Elena wanting to be the center of attention and you stay on the sidelines. Listen, you deserve to be happy and if you want to be with him, then you should. Ok, now he's over there, go flirt with him." Caroline shoved Aella towards Stefan's direction

"fine" Aaliyah stumbled towards him

Stefan was looking around the crowds of teenagers looking for a specific person. When his eyes landed on Aaliyah. he couldn't take his eyes off her. Stefan originally came looking for Elena, but when he saw Aaliyah he couldn't stop thinking about her, how beautiful she is, she's confident in herself, everything she did made him like her more. Stefan knew that they had just met but, the sooner he got to know her the better

"Hey, you made it" Aaliyah exclaimed once she got to him.

"yeah," he responded with a smile on his face "So, I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me tomorrow. I would love to get to know you."

Aaliyah thought for a second, Caroline was right it was her turn to be happy she didn't care if Elena would hate her even more.

"I would love to" Aaliyah responded with a smile plastered on her face.