Crossing the line

At last, classes were back to normal. A funny thing about U.A. Since the teachers were always coming up with insane training and huge amounts of homework, the students didn't have much time to spare with trivial things like one of their classmates looking like an adult. Midoriya was glad because being the center of attention surely wasn't the best thing for him. Of course, their interactions were slightly different now. From time to time Kaminari and Mineta came around asking, almost begging, for him to use his 'adult powers' for obscure purposes, which he refused to do time and time again. For a short period, Ashido bragged to some friends from another school that she had an older and mature boyfriend, showing some pics she took with Midoriya as proofs. Of course, she told them the truth, but it was fun to see their reactions, as much as it was to see the green haired young man panic when he found out. There were some jokes here and there, nothing that wasn't normal at 1-A. If nothing, Bakugo seemed to be more competitive lately.

The more complicated part for the emerald teen inside the body of a grown up man was the ambient outside U.A. People kept staring and some kept coming to talk with him or ask if it was some kind of trend to use school uniform. One time, when he left to buy some items for his mother, a blonde woman simply passed by, gave him a piece of paper and walked off, winking at him. Turns out it was her phone number at the paper, leaving the poor guy with a bright pink color on his cheeks. Midoriya also found a new form of embarrassment as he ran at the park during weekends.

More than one time he heard some whistles as he passed by and there was this small group of women that kept watching him doing his push-ups or similar exercises. They were apparently making some yoga stretches, but he was aware of the observant eyes that never left his person. Midoriya tried changing the place he used to work out but they followed him everywhere. It made him remember of what auntie Mitsuki said about showing off the results of his efforts and at some point, Midoriya decided to use this as a training too. Thinking about it, if he was supposed to be the successor of All Might, he should expect lots of attention, as his idol kept surrounded by fans and appeared in interviews all the time. So Midoriya hoped this situation would help him get used to receiving attention, though he still felt pretty embarrassed.

At the end of the day, arriving at his home was one of the best parts. Here he didn't have to worry about people staring and he felt happy that he got to spend time with his mother. Midoriya wondered if he wasn't too much of a mommy's boy but could not help it. He liked to be around her and he was sure it was a mutual feeling. Sure, he missed being at the dorms with his friends but Midoriya was planning to make the best of his time with his mother.

"Oh, true, I almost forgot about it. Khrona is still missing. There hasn't been reported any attacks or sights fitting the description of her and her type of crime. I wonder if she just takes interest in antiques and pieces of art..."

He opened the door of the apartment and entered while murmuring to himself. He sat at the couch and turned on the TV, flicking through the news channel hoping to find a clue of the villain that put him into this mess.

"Maybe I could talk with Tsukauchi-san, see if he has any clues about Khrona's whereabouts. Hmm, did she made any attacks before? Maybe I could find some kind of pattern, or even a hint of her past and... wait... Mom?"

He got up from the couch and looked around. Poking his head at the kitchen, he spotted the dinner ready, on top of the oven. So where was his mother? He walked to the hallway and stopped by the door of her room. He gave a quick knock and called for her. Midoriya thought he heard a small yelp of surprise.

"Mom? Are you in there?"

"Yes, Izuku. I didn't hear you getting home"

"Oh, sorry, I was kinda distracted. Is everything okay? Are you feeling sick?"