Day two

I think this is something Zuko would sing to Aang, so HERE^^^

~♡~

I woke up the next morning a little panicked. When I opened my bleary eyes, I didn't see the light yellow paint of my room. Instead I saw plain white. That woke me up. I sat up and looked around the dull residence room.

Everything was just as plain as yesterday. I rubbed the last of sleep from my eyes. Yawning as I did so. I looked over at Zuko who was putting the same red sweatshirt from yesterday on. He was already dressed and his bed was made perfectly.

"Breakfast is in ten minutes." Was all he said before slamming the door behind him.

"'Breakdast is in ten minutes.'" I mocked, as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. My back pack Gyasto had dropped off, didn't disappoint. I put on some shorts and a big fuzzy yellow sweater. As I attempted to comb through my hair, some of the dark hair came out in my fingers.

After I took a moment to mourn the lost hair, I set off trying to find my flip flops. Once I had found everything, I went to try and find where breakfast is being served.

It wasn't as hard as I expected.

After a few random turns, I spotted a group of old people. All shuffling in one direction. I attempted to causally slip into their group. No such luck.

"Well, well, well who do we have here?" An old man with wispy hair asked. His voice was strangely high pitched and had a strange accent.

"Ummm..."

"Leave the kid alone Bumi, don't you see he's getting stressed." A woman said pulling my arm toward her. She was really short, and had yellowish white hair. "Don't worry about him dear." She whispered still clinging to my arm.

"My names Aang." I said dumbly. What do you say when a group of old people abduct you?

"Mine's Harlow, it's nice to meet you Aang. So whatcha in for?" Harlow asks in a low voice.

"Ummmm what?" My voice cracks, I try to hold back a blush and fail. Harlow chuckles and lets go of my arm. She gestured to Bumi who's still pouting.

"Bumi here would have been in a nursing home awhile ago, if the idiot nurses let him. I have lung disease. Those little buggers could collapse if I exert myself too much." She looks down at her torso and tuts. Like she's disappinted in herself. Harlow looks back up at me and smiles. "You must be here for something kid."

Absently my hand travels up to the bump on my lower neck. It's starting to sting at subtle touches.

"I uh- I have thyroid cancer." The old women nods like she already suspected as much.

"That's a shame dear, hopefully it won't scar too badly." I nod like I know what's she's talking about. We turn the corner and low and behold, the small food court. At a small counter there's different choices for breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausages, hashbrowns, an asort of different juices. I went up and got a plate of hashbrowns and eggs.

I look around the room. Trying to find one specific person. In the back corner sat one lonely boy with a dull red hoodie. I grinned and made my way towards Zuko.

"Is anyone sitting here?" I ask him. The circular table had seven chairs surrounding it. Only one was occupied. Zuko looked up from his breakfast, surprised that someone was talking to him. His look of surprise fell when he saw who it was. He looked down at his half eaten toast and eggs.

I frowned and sat across from him. The bandages from yesterday were still covering his left eye and forehead. They looked a little dingier than yesterday, but otherwise fine. I shrugged and started to eat my food. The hashbrowns were surprisingly tasty, the eggs needed some pepper but otherwise were good.