"Your Fault"

(Warning: Violence, Inappropriate language)

"... I'm sorry, but I can't-" 

"No, it's okay. I already know what you're going to say next." 

The figure interrupted, his tone suddenly weak and cold. The original hopeful expression gone from his face in a flash.

"You didn't change a single bit, Cross." 

He chuckled with a sad smile. 

"I guess my love just wasn't enough... I'm sorry for wasting your time."

Then the boy wearing the purple tunic turned on his heels and walked away from the cherry tree. 

Cross opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out of his mouth. So he just closed them and silently bit his bottom lip. He felt extremely guilty, because he knew he broke his best friend's heart.

And despite the boy wearing the purple tunic trying his best to keep his emotions in, he failed and broke down once he was out of his sight.

"Why?...." 

He cried to himself as he leaned onto the brick wall before collapsing onto the ground.

"Why won't anything go the way I want it to go, even for once?..."

"All I want is somebody to care for me back...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NIGHTMARE! NO!! STOP, BROTHER PLEASE!"

His usually cheerful and happy brother was on his knees, begging for him to drop the dark apple.

"I'm sorry, brother."

He whispered before taking a bite out of that apple, immediately choking as negative emotions filled him. But it was too late to turn back now. Those negative emotions were not his normal dose of sadness. They were overpowering him, overwhelming both his mind and body. He felt himself fall onto the ground as some black, gooey substance dripped out of his right eye. He felt his bones twist and turn before he let out a scream of anguish. He didn't want this.

But he asked for it, fully aware of the consequences.

His heart was broken.

He had nothing else to lose, except his sanity.

He wanted to forget.

To lose himself, so he'll never be able to get hurt ever again.

'Is that what you really want?'

Asked a quiet, deep voice.

...

Yes.
That was exactly what he wanted.

He wanted them to suffer.
He wanted them to pay for all the damage they've inflicted on both his body and soul.
He wanted them DEAD.

...

'... Very well, then. If that's what you really want.'

The voice sighed, before some invisible force helped him relax and let him sleep a dreamless sleep.

'I'll take care of your body, so rest well.'

It whispered, before everything went black.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"N-nightmare? I-is that really y-you?..." He asked in disbelief.

He couldn't believe it. That creature looked NOTHING like the Nightmare he knew, more like an octopus covered in black goo.

"No."

He let out a sigh of relief. That creature couldn't have possibly been Nightmare. Dream was overreacting after all. "Then who are you?"

"... Corrupted."

"Where is Nightmare, then?"

"That is none of your business, heart-breaker."

He flinched. Why did the octopus call him that? He didn't break their heart.

"Excuse me?"

"Want to hear a story?"

The creature said, tilting its head ever so slightly causing it to look creepy.

"Huh?...."

"There once were a pair of twins. While one guarded positivity, the other guarded negativity. But because everybody preferred positivity over negativity, the guardian of negativity was casted out, thrown aside like a nobody. Nobody treated him fairly. He was always considered the weaker, more pathetic twin. Yet, he never stopped caring for everyone. He treated them like friends while they treated him like trash. And finally, after years of being mistreated, he got a friend. When he wanted to stick with his friend forever, and confessed to them, his friend turned him down without a second thought. Do you know how that made him feel?"

The creature hissed, their cyan eye glinting dangerously.

That story felt so familiar, yet he couldn't put his hands on it.

"... How did he feel?"

"Like a piece of trash that nobody will ever acknowledge. So he plucked out the forbidden fruit which he knew would corrupt him if he ate it, and here he is. Standing right in front of you."

His eyes widened as realization hit him hard.

"N-no...."

The creature let out a dark chuckle.

"Yeah. It's all your fault."

The creature whispered as one of their tentacles shot through his soul, dusting him instantly.

"Burn in hell, you piece of sh*t."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------