-Intermission-

(If you're going to use that picture, please credit me-)

"Honey"

"Boss, what's that?" Cross asked, his tone lighter than usual and his pupils had an odd shine in it, one which Nightmare had never seen before. He could feel that Cross wasn't feeling as negative as usual, which was... Disappointing, but he didn't pay much attention to it.

"Read the label." He grunted as he flipped the page of his book, his attention back to it once again.

Cross mumbled a quick apology and bowed slightly before he continued to stare at the 'honey' jar. He had never seen anything like it until now. It was a clear glass jar that contained a golden substance which gave off a beautiful shine, and in the middle of it was a weird looking object. He wasn't too keen on finding out what it was, for it looked unreal.

They were in the living room of the huge castle, the soft, eerie glow of the candles being the only thing lighting the whole place up. It was almost midnight. 

Earlier, Killer was dragging Horror away from the new jar of 'honey', because he was attempting to snatch the whole thing and eat it all. Not that any of them really would've minded if it wasn't something new, they all knew that Horror was pretty much always hungry. Nightmare just didn't care about anything unless it bothered him in someway, with the same going for Error. The two usually minded their own business... Mostly. Unless Nightmare was sending them out on missions, planning an attack on the Star Sanses, etc, or the two both throwing a fit. The last time it happened... Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Cross sighed as he continued to stare at the 'honey' jar on the table which emitted the scent of something sweet. He just couldn't put his hands on exactly what he was smelling, but he could've sworn he smelled something similar if not the same before somewhere. He kneeled down on the ground so he was facing the container directly, giving off an indescribable aura. Nightmare was slightly irritated by it, but since it didn't feel like positivity, he stayed silent.

Dust limped back, his hand leaning against the wall for support. The quiet and comfortable atmosphere was instantly washed over by anger, hatred, and regret the moment he entered. Nightmare wasn't complaining, he didn't mind it either way, but Cross stiffened from the sudden change. Not that he said anything physically, just that his mood dampened and his curiosity for the interesting substance died down.

Dust was still muttering incoherent words under his breath, occasionally flinching to the side to stare and speak to something invisible to the rest of them. Cross couldn't judge. Chara was real to him, after all. Maybe Dust also had something hanging around him like them.

'Do you think he'll mind if we took some of it?' Chara spoke, floating beside Cross.

"I'm not taking any chances, thank you very much."  He shot back in his mind, wearily glancing up at Nightmare before looking back down. He seemed to be absorbed in the book he was holding on his lap. 

'Tch, scaredy cat. You're no fun.' Chara grumbled before floating towards Dust, trying to see if they could catch a glimpse of whatever Dust was talking to for the 365th time.

After a while of staring at the jar and doing absolutely nothing else, he got tired and yearned to open up the container to have a small taste of what's inside. He felt like his understanding of Horror increased slightly, which sent a shiver down his spine. He scrunched up his face as he continued to stare at the 'honey' jar.

Nightmare looked up, and was amused by what he saw.

"What are you waiting for? Food isn't for observing. Go ahead."

Cross blinked in surprise at him as a sudden, but dim positive feeling exploded inside of him.

"Save some for Horror, though. I don't want to see him throwing a tantrum because of some food he didn't get to consume." Nightmare winced slightly at the flicker of positivity from Cross which weakened him for a moment. He wanted to strangle Cross right there and then for not controlling his emotions for that split second, but thought the better of it and reluctantly returned to his book. 

He'll spare him, just this once.

==========

I tried to have them have a bit more of their canon personalities. I failed, but this turned out okay! Oh well, just have to keep trying.

Hope you enjoyed LMAO-

As for why this didn't have "Honey" as the title, it was because I felt like the upcoming oneshots may seem a bit different than before. Improvement, maybe?

I wish that was true ahahahahah... Q-Q

- Duckie