[Regret]

There was once a time when I could feel happiness.

A time where everything was alright. When everyone still smiled.

A time long, long ago. 

Centuries, perhaps.

I've lost track.

I've told myself it was okay to let go. To let it take over. That everything will be okay once I did that.

Never in my life have I regretted any of my decisions and actions so badly.

Ah, it's not like telling you this can change anything.

You can't turn back time.

... Neither can I.

----------

Those, were the very words from a old and worn out diary.

A diary whose owner left, all alone, inside a dark and empty castle which had decayed over the past centuries.

Was it from one of the prisoners that they've captured and killed in the past?

Or, perhaps, from one of his own servants?

Maybe, from the former king of negativity himself? 

He sighed as he slid the artifact into his backpack, careful to not damage it by accident.

Even if he wanted to know whose it belonged to, it didn't matter anymore.

The former king was gone. Disappeared without a single trace over night, along with his three loyal servants.

All his other followers were left without a leader, and bewildered. They were strong as a whole, but without a leader, his original army that could have possibly taken down the Star Sanses forces disunited. They were easier to capture once they have split up, and soon, no more monsters terrorized the peaceful multiverse.

Now, there was nothing left, all except the terror they had traumatized their victims with in the past, which, even that, had slowly lessened over time.

Cross sighed.

He himself had managed to stay neutral during the times when the Star Sanses waged war with the Bad Guys. He personally found both their group names stupid, but made no comment. What would his opinion do, anyways? Other than get himself onto the bad side of everyone, that is.

Cross patted his small yet delicate backpack. One that Ink designed and created himself. He had claimed that since Cross was "special" to him and his teammates, he wanted to help him out and hoped that Cross would help them back in return.

... It really isn't that effective when he says the same thing to everyone else, though.