CHAPTER ONE

TUSCANY, 1469

TUSCANY, 1469

ROSLIN remained in her rooms that morning. It's been weeks since they arrived in the villa. It certainly felt like an enigmatic throughout the whole week, they've been there. It's been peaceful and quiet for her that morning. Roslin soon felt her happiness blow away when there was a knock on her door. "May I enter?" A voice spoke. Roslin quickly hid the letter she received from Lorenzo the day before under her pillow.

She began to fix her posture, sighed. "Come in."

Lucrezia walked in. She began to open the curtains, smiling. "Roslin, please. It's almost morning." Roslin showed a slight smile, shrugging her shoulders. Lucrezia made her way towards her observing her. "Now, Roslin. Remember, what I said about your hair. Keep it loose," she showed a smile, placing loose hair behind Roslin's ear. "Keep it there," she finished touching the tip of her chin. "My sweet girl. You've been like a second daughter for me."

Roslin smiled softly. She loved Lucrezia, she was like a second mother to her. "Be a dear. Make sure you find Lorenzo." Roslin nodded showing a smile. Lucrezia knows Lorenzo's feelings for Roslin. How he couldn't live without her. She knows he'll be the death of her, she cannot let that happen. "Of course," she murmurs, showing a smile. Lucrezia smiled at her, she indeed looked a lot like her mother.

After her encounter with Lucrezia, Roslin sprinted to the dining hall. She would march directly to Lorenzo, who was drunk sitting in the table. "Not mother..." she spoke loud enough for him to hear. "Me." She finished flickering her eyes between Sandro and the unknown man. "I would ask you to tell me where you've been last night. It seems like the smell of your breath tells me you've been drinking." She clicked her tongue smelling Lorenzo's neck then leaned back unamused.

She watched as Lorenzo stared at her amazement. "You know, you've become more and more beautiful every day." Roslin smiled, widening her eyes, shocked by his comment.

"We have to be back in Florence by sundown. You'd better pray your mother doesn't smell your breath." She continued ignoring his comment. Taking one last look at him, she proceeded to walk along leaving him desperately longingly for a kiss.

It's been a few hours, she walked alongside Bianca. "Now, tell me. What is it with these secret love letters?" She whispered, causing Bianca to widen her eyes, pulling her to the corner. "No. You mustn't. Not now. I will tell you who they are from eventually." Roslin widened her eyes, unsure. She didn't know what to say, nodded quietly. They began to walk inside the carriage, with her sitting beside Bianca. Across from them is Lucrezia.

"Now isn't my two beautiful daughters." Bianca and she both smiled in delight, embracing her compliment. "You're the most beautiful mother," Bianca replied. Roslin nodded along, smiling. They were truly closed, she grew up under the guardianship of Lucrezia and Piero de' Medici, since she's been a little girl, she has and will always consider them as her parents.