Chapter 18 prt. 2

•Ethan•

I snapped my gaze over to him, my eyes wide as I stared at him in furrowed shock, only to see him sending me a defying look right back before turning away and looking at the girl. But my gaze still lingered on him — silent message shooting through the side of his head wondering what the heck he was doing?

The next thing I knew, the redhead had moved around and a few people made room for her as she quickly fell down next to Katski and closed the space between their faces. She was all over him in an instant, hands latching onto either side of his face as she shoved her tongue down his throat. There were whistles and hoots from the group, but all that excessive noise was lost on me.

Watching that girl kiss him like that rose a wave of feral anger from deep inside the pit of my stomach and I felt something in my subconscious snap — especially when she began to get a little too frisky with her hands, running them up and down his chest. A voice in my head snarled at the action.

MINE.

There was a deep rumbling coming from inside my chest, and it took a moment before I realized it was my own growling — a low raging feral sound emanating from deep within my throat. I could feel my canines slowly elongating in my mouth and the nails on my hands growing sharper, my snap of anger momentarily causing me to lose control of myself.

Crap.

With the last bit of self-control I had left I looked away from the two, closing my eyes off from the sight and trying to calm myself before someone noticed my changing appearance.

I needed to calm the fuck down. Immediately.

I gave myself a rough shake and refused to look at Katski until that stupid dare was over. However, as soon as it was, the game around us continued, while our eyes met. And I couldn't read him, I found nothing in his eyes but a hard stony glare, directed right at me.

I felt my anger resurface again — was that just now him just trying to prove some kind of point?

Katski then got up and walked past the group of people, and when one of the guys asked where he was going he put on a fake smile and gestured to the empty red cup in his hand. And then he was gone.

My eyes followed him as he left, and I was suddenly torn between a longing to go after him, and the urge to go full-on wolf on that redhead for kissing my Katski. And I was being 99% serious about that last one.

I was — yes, I admit — jealous.

And to make matters worse, he did it all because he was ticked off at me.

That's when the realization also hit me; I called him my Katski.

I hadn't even realized at first, but I had. The voice in my head had said the words without a second thought, no hesitation. Mine...

I then shook my head to clear my mind of the thought. I wasn't going to waste time focusing too much on that right now.

I rose to my feet, no longer even interested in what was currently going on with the game. But Maia caught my eye and gave me a questioning look.

"Going somewhere?" She asked.

"I-uh," I cleared my throat. "I've just got something to do. I'll be right back," I told her.