Chapter 13

•Katski•

For me, the two days of weekend we had seemed to pass by as nothing but a blur, I didn't really do much of anything but listen to a bunch of loud music and try to distract myself from my own thoughts. It went by so absently that before I knew it, we were back at school again.

Now, you would have thought that after learning each other's little secrets and such things would have been different and Ethan and I would have held some sort of silent understanding for one another. Nope. That wasn't the case, at all.

The few days following Monday, were like a repeat of last week. Ethan seemed to be going out of his way to ignore me and pretend like nothing had ever happened — like the fact that I now knew he could shift into an oversized mutt. Or, more pressingly, our little kissing session.

Unfortunately, I couldn't. I couldn't ignore it like he did. Despite his obvious dislike towards me, I still found myself staring at him when I saw him pass by or in class while he was trying to pretend I didn't exist.

I still couldn't believe that I had told him the truth about everything, especially why I was here. A werewolf was probably the absolute last person I should have been honest with.

Well...too late now, I told myself with a sigh.

However the fact that he still gave me such a cold shoulder was quite annoying. And to make matters more irritating, a rumour got out about how the two of us were caught fighting around the back fields — so of course, the mortal students conjured up a bunch of wild speculation that I had caught people whispering about more than once.

Typical school life.

I tried to forget about Ethan by not stressing over the fact that he knew my secret. He could tell his pack that I was here if he felt like it and I wouldn't be able to do anything to stop him, but since I hadn't seen anything of a werewolf since last week, it was obvious he didn't.

One thing though...I didn't believe that he hadn't felt anything when we kissed. I had seen it, from the way his wolf eyes lit up. I couldn't describe it, but I knew he had felt it too. It meant something.

So why was he just ignoring it?

I sighed and leaned my head back against the shelf of the bookcase behind me — it was our lunch break, but I didn't feel like dealing with all the noise of the cafeteria when I had so much on my mind so I chose instead to walk around the school. I technically hadn't been here very long, and still had more floors to familiarize myself with. After that, I decided to just hang out around the library while I waited for next period to roll around. Then I began making my way to class.

On my way there I ran into Cana Seymour — the kind and rather bubbly girl from my math class. She and I had been talking a lot lately since my first day here, and one of the reasons I was actually quite fond of her was because she wasn't one of those girls who tried to immediately throw themselves at me. She was just...cool.

"Hey what's on your mind, Kat?" She giggled as I frowned in disapproval at the nickname. I swear, was it me? Or did people just feel the need to give me nicknames on the spot?

I was thinking about a certain black-haired wolf specifically.

"I'm sorry, Kat, but I have to cancel our tutoring session after school today if you don't mind..." she said apologetically.

Oh. And did I also mention she helped tutor me every so often, because...well, I sucked at math.

"Any particular reason?" I asked with a smirk, catching the slight giggle in her voice and the way her face flushed a little.