Chapter Thirty Three

"He's not even gonna kiss you until you make the first move." Marco suddenly whispered near my ear, startling me. 

I leaped away from him in surprise and he let out a laugh. "Didn't mean to scare you. Sorry." 

"What I was saying is that you need to take the wheel if you want any sort of action." He said, sliding closer to me again. 

I kept my gaze at Nicolas - who had continued his training from before, while trying to ignore Marco. 

"Never thought I would have to help our Alpha get laid." He whispered loud enough for me to hear. 

"I would rather not discuss this with you, Marco." I tried to explain to him in annoyance. 

Marco laughed again before continuing. "I'm sure you wouldn't, but I don't think there's anyone else over here willing to help you with this." 

"That's because I don't need help. These kinda things are supposed to happen naturally. Whenever we are both comfortable enough for it." I explained further in a hushed tone. 

"You two are perfect for each other." Marco whispered under his breath before turning to face me completely. 

"Look, I am not trying to make you uncomfortable or pressurise you into anything. I just think that you should know-" 

"Please don't." I hissed under my breath, before trying to shuffle away from him. 

"Listen to me for a minute." He tried again. 

"He'll hear you. Shut up." I narrowed my eyes at him before looking back at Nicolas to make sure he hadn't heard anything. 

"Trust me he won't hear it even if I were to start screaming right now, and that's the point." He slithered closer again and I looked at him in confusion.

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

Marco sighed and continued right away. "Now that he has found you, he'll be experiencing heat sooner or later. You know about heat, right?" 

He waited for my reply and I felt my mouth sealed shut in surprise. I nodded instead, urging him to continue. 

"We don't experience heat until or unless we meet our mate. So, it'll be his first. It usually occurs within a month max, but his seems to be unusually late. I don't know the reason for that, but as an alpha I don't think he'll be able to go through it without your help, if you know what I mean." 

It took me a moment to voice my question. "Uh, so, what do you suggest I should do?" 

Marco stole a glance at Nicolas from the corner of his eyes. "He's going to kill me for putting this idea in your head but I think you should prepare for it. If only you want to. He's not going to expect you to and I shouldn't be getting in between the two of you, so it's just a suggestion." 

"Prepare for… that?" I knew what he was talking about and just thinking about it halted my thought process. 

Marco nodded. "Yeah, that." 

Not knowing what to say, I turned my attention back to Nicolas. 

"He has been physically straining himself a lot more than usual. He'd practice or run for hours on end. I talked to Maya about it. She thinks his heat is near and he knows it, so he's trying to exhaust himself to stay in control." 

"Maya? Tobias' mother?" 

"She's also our amazing pack healer. But that's all you heard?" His exasperated voice snapped my attention back to him.