Chapter two

(Y/N) was tired. She was oh so very tired. She's gotten so little sleep in the past week and she ached in places she didn't even know existed. All she wanted was to lay down. All she wanted was to sleep. All she wanted was to give up. She would do this if it was only her she was working for.

But she wasn't working for only herself. There was Peter.

Her adorable, brilliant, kind-hearted adoptive brother. The boy who goes to a school for the young geniuses and the rich on a full ride scholarship. The boy who brings home any hurt or stray animals so they could help them find new home and get food in their stomachs. The boy who takes jobs fixing cars or small devices for extra cash to help with rent and food. The boy who goes out every night as a crime fighting vigilante to fight for what he believes in; the safety of the people. And that same boy was relying on her to be waiting for him at home, to give him the family love he deserves. Wade Wilson, Peter's soulmate, who can't constantly be here due to his 'work', could only do so much with being constantly gone. (A/N-Wade is 16 here btw)

Anyways,(Y/N) brushed the hair out of her eyes and got back to work. Right now she was working as a waitress at a family run diner on the edge of Queens. Later she had work at a grocery store. Then she helped tutor some kids for some cash. And she sells her art here and there. Singing at this older bar a couple blocks from here helps some too, but she didn't do that often. She was a young girl, supposedly pretty, surrounded by drunk, sometimes horny people. I think you know why. Oh, can't forget the fight club either.

But even with all her and Peter's work, they could barely get enough money for rent and food. (Y/N) has savings from her parents that could help, so does Peter, but the both agreed that that money would be kept for college. Technically, she could go to college now, but she wanted to wait for Peter. She wasn't going to leave him behind. So she taking a break from school.

(Y/N) was clocking out when she got the call from Peter. The twenty-one year old pulled out her phone to the song 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' by The Tender box blaring; Peter's ring tone.

🎶Living on the edge, Fighting crime, spinning webs,
Swing from the highest ledge, He can leap above-🎶

"Hey Spinne, what up?"

"Hey (Y/N)! How's work?"

"All good. I'm actually on break. How about you? School's good I hope. Oh! You're stitching hasn't caused a problem during P.E. right? I can go pick you up if you need it? You can stay at the diner till I finish and do homework. Mrs. Gutierrez loves you, so she wouldn't mind-"

"(Y/N)! I'm fine. There's no need to come and pick me up! I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on something."

"Sure."

"Okay, so I accidentally texted a wrong number."

"Mhm."

"And we had a little conversation."

"Ok."

"And then he threatened to hack my phone." (Y/N) nearly spit out her soda.

"Excuse me?"

"I know right! But when he couldn't he texted me back sounding confused about it."

"You blocked his number, right"

"..."

"Right, Peter?"

"..."

"God damn it, Peter?"

"Yes, ma'am?"

"You blocked the stranger's number right little brother?"

"...No."

"Darn it Peter! I swear to god, I thought I taught you better than this!"

"I KNOW I KNOW! It's just that he seems very interesting and I want to get to know more about him! Come on, (Y/N)! He could be a new friend! You know how hard it is for me to make friends! Everyone else already sees us as two scrawny orphans..."

"Peter. Making friends is one thing. Having someone threaten to hack your phone and actually try to is a different thing."

"I-I know! It's just... He didn't talk down on me..."

"...Let me talk to him."

"w-what?"

"Let me talk to him. Send me his contact, and I'll talk to him and decide if he's a threat to you myself. And if he is, then I'll superglue his nerves together and hang weights from them."

"THANKS (Y/N)! I'll send it to right now! Uh, I got to go, I have to mix some more of, the, um,-formula! In chem. Bye! Love you!"

"Love you too Pete-" and he hung up.

What was wrong with her adopted brother? One moment he's safe and the next he's doing stupid shit. Oh well. If he likes talking to this guy, whoever he is, who is she to tell him to stop. And he's right, he doesn't have the best ability when it came to socializing; neither of them did. Peter only really made friends with Ned and MJ because he accidentally ran into them while the pair of soulmates were meeting, making some real awkward situation that some how resulted in them all talking. He meet Salias through (Y/N) who was originally Salias's tutor. Tom was Salias's soulmate and that's how they meet. And then there's Wade. And that's it. No one else. Just their small friend group. Maybe this will be good for Peter. Or maybe (Y/N) is going to have to kill another man. Who knows? We'll figure it out when we get there.

She let out a huff, stretched her aching back and leaned against the chain link fence she was next to. While she was talking to Peter, she had some how wondered to this small area right before their apartment complex. It was a small sitting area of some sort behind another apartment complex, a chain link fence at the very edge to stop people from falling into the water that resided just behind it. It was a nice area, despite it's smell of fumes and salt. Peter and her came often to do things like homework or fixing Karen.

Karen was their robotic cat. She used to only be an AI, but Peter decided that the poor thing deserved to walk around and not be stuck with nothing to do while the pair were out, hence building her a cat body. She's not really sure what Peter used, but (Y/N) could swear she saw the parts for a toaster somewhere in there before they covered her up in fur.

With that thought, (Y/N) slipped her phone out of her pocket when she heard a small chime from it. Peter has shared the contact. (Y/N) couldn't help but laugh at the given name. 'Mr.ULTRACreepydude'. Peter was soooo creative when it came to names. With that last thought, she opened the contact and hit the messaging option.
—————————————————————
Word count:1165