Chapter five

(Y/N) let her eyes flutter open, trying to adjust her eye sight to the light shining in her face from the window. Today was Saturday, meaning she had the day off of work from the grocery store and only worked the afternoon shift at the dinner. She planned to spend it with Peter if he had time, it's been ages since they've hung out.

The young woman stood up and stretched, leaving the room in nothing but an oversized Red Hot Chile Pepper band T-shirt that really looked like a short dress on her tiny build. She made her way down the small hallway to Peter's room, hoping to find him asleep, but much to her dismay, he wasn't. All she was met with was a messy, unkept bed and the dark blue curtains being pushed out slightly from the wind coming from an opened window. (Y/N) closed the window gently, making sure it was unlocked, before making her way out to the living room, where Karen greeted her.

"Good Morning, Miss. How was your sleep?"

"It was actually very refreshing for once. Where's Peter run off to this time, Care Bear?" (Y/N) replied to the robotic cat while, once again, moving a picture frame down on the TV stand. It was a nice image, a family photo actually. It had Peter, Karen - who was stretching off the couch at the moment - herself, and an individual she'd rather not think about. She felt her feet carry her to the kitchen.

"It appears that he is currently at the cross section of 5th and Main Street, Ma'am" At this point, (Y/N) was shifting through the fridge to see what she could make for breakfast. "Would you like me to contact him?"

"No need to call him. What time is it?"

"It appears to be seven, Miss."

"Can you tell him to be home in an hour for breakfast?"

"...Message received and a reply."

"What's the reply?"

"The reply reads: k. I will be on the couch if I'm needed, Miss." The animal was about to leave the room before turning back. "Would like me to cook Ma'am?"

"It's okay, Care Bear. I got it." She pulled out a a variety of vegetables, their cartoon of eggs, cheese, and ham. Omelets would be good enough for the day.

——

(Y/N) placed the messy omelette in front of Peter with a small smile as she watched him admire the large portion of food. She soon sat down with her own portion and the two dug in, pausing once in a while to sip from the mugs as of warm coco they made along with it. The two were playing footies under the table as they ate, no one in particular winning due to it being a small little game for fun.

"So, what happening on the streets right now?" Peter looked up from his plate to his sister who asked the question. The young boy went into a long explanation about several of his crime fighting antics and experiences. Just this morning he stopped 3 muggings and helped an old woman find her lost dog. (Y/N) was honestly relieved, who wouldn't be? Especially after that civil war and the vulture incident that happened a year ago. She let her excited brother finish his story before telling him to get properly dressed so they could go out for a bit, for some groceries and to the library to print out some papers for his up coming science paper.

It was at the library that they saw the oddest person. A man tall and well- built, blond hair peaked out of a worn down baseball cap and a pair of  shades had on despite the dimmer lighting on the inside of the library. He reminded the pair of a Dorito. He kept looking around and talking into his jacket, almost yelling at one point. Something about 'Language' and it 'accidentally slipped out', or something along those lines. Peter snapped a picture on his phone very discreetly, just in case the man did something weird and created a group chat.

PETER CREATED A NEW GROUP CHAT

PETER ADDED MR.ULTRACREEPYDUDE, THE BOSS ASS BADDIE, MY GUY IN THE CHAIR, MR KNIVES, GAY POTATO, AND MISS WIGGLY WORM

PETER SENT ONE ATTACHMENT.

PETER:
LMAO
Look at this weirdo me and (Y/N) found at the library.

_______________________________________________________________
Word count: 734
Hi, it's been awhile, sorry bout that. School is a Jerk 😭. But there is that. Art's mine but it's on paper and pencil lol. Thanks for reading btw, it means a lot.