A talk before sleep

It was almost midnight. Ayumi, Genta, and Mitsuhiko had already fallen asleep on the couch of Hakase's living room, while two fake 12-years-olds were watching them after switching-off the TV. The three were exhausted after that long day. Their trip to the Odawara castle had turned into an escape from a criminal band, that later had been successfully arrested by the police. Ai and Conan were also tired, but not as much as the other three kids, after all, they were't real kids.

"They're twelve years old now, but still keep getting themselves into trouble" Conan whispered.

"It's normal. You know, with a corpse-magnet like you, it's impossible not getting into trouble" Ai pointed out in a sarcastic tone.

"You're not funny"

"And I didn't mean to be. Seriously, so far, I don't remember a single trip with you where there haven't been any murder, kidnapping, robbery, or escape from some criminals" she said crossing her arms in her chest.

"We've talked about this for like a thousand times, could you just cut it out?" He asked her, disturbed by the topic of their conversation.

"As you wish, corpse-magnet," she said smirking.

"Anyway, it's been a long and tiring day, wanna go to sleep together in my house? I need some relax" he proposed extending his hand to her.

"And what will the kids say when they wake up and won't find us here?"

"Let's go and ask Hakase to find an excuse, just in case"

Then she nodded and held his hand, smiling to him. They silently walked to Agasa's lab, he was repairing Ayumi's transmitter, which got broken during the escape.

"Hakase" Conan whispered, careful not to wake the kids up.

No answer.

"Hakase" Conan raised a bit his voice.

Still no answer.

"Hakase!" He was now speaking with his normal voice tone.

Agasa seemed to hear the voice now, so he turned back, facing the two of them.

"Ah Shinichi-kun, that's you"

"Shhhhh, speak low, the kids are sleeping" Conan whispered to him with a finger on the nose.

"Oh sorry, Shinichi-kun, what do you want to tell me?"

"I and Ai are going to sleep in my house, can you please find an excuse for us when the kids wake up?"

"Sure, when they wake up I'll tell them that you went to buy something for breakfast, but don't have too much fun together" he replied and giggled a bit, pronouncing the last phrase with a teasing tone.

"Don't worry Hakase, remember? We're married now" Conan replied putting his arm around Ai's neck and pulling her closer. She lost a bit her balance and her cheek bumped into Conan's one, making the two of them blush and smile at the same time.

She pulled out of his hold and started staring at him, they were staring at each other, his electric-blue eyes got lost in her greenish-blue ones until Agasa broke the silence faking a cough. They stood up a little, then Conan took Ai's hand.

"So... we should go now, goodnight Hakase" Conan waved his free hand at Hakase.

"Goodnight Shinichi-kun, Ai-kun"

They turned away and got out of the house.

'How could I forget their wedding?' Hakase thought and smiled at that recent memory.