eighteen

ʚ A Long Way To Go ɞ

"Everyone hide! No, lie low quick!"

A voice out yells in total panic. Looks like someone is awake. Sasuke and Misa heard it and looks around to realize Naruto has wakened up. The blonde-haired boy is lying down on the dirt. Then, Choji pokes him with a stick. "You are quite one of a kind. Actually, you are getting on my nerves." Shikamaru idly said.

Naruto ignores the Nara boy and takes a glance around the area. Everything seems normal. Until he saw Sakura walking over to Sasuke and Misa but something else different. Her hair! "Sakura-chan!" The Uzumaki boy stumbles at first to run his legs. "Nani?" Sakura questioned his surprising behavior. "Y-Y-Your...hair!" Naruto plops right down. The kunoichi knew what he meant. She smooths out her new hairstyle with her palm. "Oh, I just wanted to change it up. Long hair was a pretty look but I think short hair suits me more." She tells the confused Jinchuriki. Soon after, Ino hollers at her to help fix it up.

Sasuke and Misa both head over to where Lee is at. He just got woken up by Tenten's violent wake-up alarm and he notices the two in front of him. Misa smiles gratefully "A-Arigatou, Lee-san. You truly a-are a life savior. Guy sensei would be so proud of you." The ebony-haired beauty adds in the name of his mentor. Lee falls emotional and tears flow down on his face. "Misa-chan, you're too kind and you're welcome. It's youthful that we can now be friends." He wipes off his tears and approves of her respect. Misa lets out a rejoice giggle. Lee is such a kind person but can be too energetic.

Sasuke was immersed from the moment between the two. He starts seeing the mousy girl is becoming more confident and her bad stutter habit is slowly slipping away. Quite a change he could say. Lee begins to speak out. "Sasuke-kun, just what you'd expect from the Uchiha clan. To chase a Sound Ninja just as I thought, you possess amazing strength. I was beaten to a pulp." He makes a confession and the Uchiha reacts astounded. He is curious to distinguish how powerful are Orochimaru's vessels. But he didn't want to overthink it because he would be flooded with skepticism.

Days have pasted and they still haven't reached their destination. It's currently broad daylight, the squad went out of the wilderness to stay at a spot by the lake. To kill some time, they decided to whip up some grub. Sasuke and Naruto go fishing while the girls set up a fire. How they're fishing is pretty complex since they don't have a net or a fishing rod. Naruto uses his Shadow Clones and swims as the fishes leap out. Hurling out the kunai knives, Sasuke catches four of them.

Naruto comes back to the surface and regained some air. "Thrash around more! Four isn't enough! Four more you, loser!" Sasuke bitterly demands him. The blonde boy gets mad by his bossiness. "This is very taxing, you know?! I mean let's switch!" He repeatedly splashes the water. "Sasuke-kun! The fire is ready to light up!" They overhear Sakura's voice calling out for the Uchiha. He carried out and leaves the furious Jinchuriki in the water.