Chapter 8

~Kelsey's POV~

"Why would you do this?!" I ask, looking down at him. I practically drug him in silence to my house and into my room.

"You..." He whispered quietly.

"How is it my fault?" I ask, slightly calmer as I sit down beside him. "You're the one that hurt me.."

"I know... I hurt you... That's the point." He sighs, rubbing his eyes, trying to not cry.

"Oh..." I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. "We miss you, y'know?"

His eyes slightly widen, but not much. "I thought you all hated me."

I laugh softly and shake my head. "No, I mean... You're an ass but we miss you. You were one of our best friends."

"I know I'm an ass but can I explain? She's the one that kissed me."

I stand up and walk over to get a nicer change of clothes. "And you kissed back." And with that, he shut up. "You're back in the group so please stop putting yourself through this. We all love you and agreed you can come back. But it can't be like before. At least not right away. Just friends." I state, grabbing onto the door handle.

"Now I planned to hang out with Michael today so you've got to leave soon. I'll walk you out when he gets here." I smile and walk out and into my bathroom, getting dressed and ready for my day. When I get back to my room I see Ashton sitting there on his phone. "I just got a text from Michael. He's here." I give him a half smile as he stands up.

"Will he be mad that I'm here?" I shake my head. He shouldn't be.

As we walk out the front door, Michael's smile drops. I give him a look signaling for him to keep his mouth shut and he sighs.

"Hey Ash. It's been a while." He mumbles quietly.

"Yeah... Almost two months." Ashton looks down, running his fingers through his hair.

After about five minutes of talking, we all decided to go our own ways.

"So, Ashton." Michael murmurs.

"What about him?"

"You guys a thing again?" My eyes widen as I look up.

"God no! I mean we are friends but that's it. I'm not trusting him again for a while... You saw how bad he hurt me."

Michael nods and I can see a small smile on his face before it disappears.

"So what are today's plans?" I ask, changing the subject off of Ashton.

"You'll see." He smiles.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Michael's POV~

I smile up at the stars. Me and Kelsey have been together now for a few hours and it finally started getting dark recently. I brought her to this valley peak that we would always drive to and just talk because she pushed me away. I know it sounds bad, but if you ask me I'm glad they aren't a thing anymore. She stopped talking to most of us, it was just Luke and Ashton to her.

"So are you going to be with him again?" I ask.

"If I do it won't be anytime soon. I think I'll just get over it. Time heals everything, right?" She gives me a warm smile.

"You can't just get ire someone you love." I say quietly.

"Yes, I know that." She pauses. "But I didn't love him."

I smile to myself and look over to her.

"You know that stupid crush I used to have on you?" She asks.

"What?!" I ask surprised before falling off the good of my car. I just hear her laugh as I get up and rebalance myself again. "You had a crush on me?!"

"You couldn't tell? Ever since I moved here I was pretty much attached to you at the hip." I smile softly. "If it wasn't for Ashton I would probably still have that stupid crush on you."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"Because you're so.... You. People like you don't like people like me." She sighs and looks down, playing with her fingers.

"I think it's the other way around," I pause and sigh, "the only reason I joined this little group was to spend more time with you. I've liked you for 7 years, Kelsey." I see her eyes widen. I think it's my turn to look away.

We say in silence as I play with my fingers and think about what to say.

"Am I too late?" I ask, she doesn't answer, she just looks over at me.

"If you were too late I wouldn't have made Ashton leave for you." She mumbles.

"Oh..." I look back up to the sky before looking over at her. I've always loved how the sky looked but she's so much more beautiful...

I bite my lip slightly before she turns her head in my direction. "Kelsey?" I ask, slightly leaning in. "Can I k--" I start but get interrupted by her lips pressed against mine.

I can't believe this is actually happening. I've only kissed her one other time but it was was of those dumb spin the bottle kisses. This was real.

I pull away slightly when I hear laughter not far away. Before I knew it Calum and Luke were walking out from behind a tree, clapping slowly.

"It took you guys long enough. Did you finally admit to liking her, mate?" Calum laughs.

"What? I don't like her!" I chuckle at how bad of a lie that was.

"Yep, that's why you were both just sucking faces."

"How did you know we'd be here?" She asks.

"This is where he always takes you. He's bad at coming up with new things." Luke states plainly as Calum throws a condom at us.

"Just use protection." He says, laughing.

"Both of our pants are too tight to get off." Kelsey laughs, mocking me for my pants. "Not happening tonight."

They both just shake their head and walk away, laughing and talking amongst each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Kelsey's POV~

I decided to spend the night with Michael because he wanted to have a movie marathon. When we got home, we got cuddled up on the couch under a blanket.

"Why is your house always freezing?"

"You want me to turn the heat up?" He asks, smiling. I just shake my head and pull the blanket closer, feeling Michael wrap his arm around me.

"You're really warm," I smile, cuddling up to him. He just laughs and nods.

"Remember when we were kids, and how you were always so much taller than me? And how I used to step on your toes while we danced?" I smile and nod at the memory before getting up and walking towards his radio. I click through the stations before I find a slow song. When I turn back to Michael he is already on his feet.

"Can I have this dance?" He asks, mocking every cheesy movie ever. I smile and nod, kissing his cheek.

We stood there, dancing for a few minutes before I hear my phone ring. I groan and step away, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey... I missed you, KK..." My breath hitches in my throat, and my eyes widen, tears threatening to fall. Only one person has ever called me that and ever will. And I was scared shitless of that person...

"Dad...?"