(17)

Author's POV

"My name is Park Chaeyoung." Rosè introduced herself.

"I am Kim Taehyung." Taehyung said. They were at a cafe because rose wanted to meet him, personally. At first Taehyung didn't want to talk to her but after thinking for a bit, he thought it best to talk and clear out things.

"As you know about the marriage thing. I will not beat around the Bush and come straight to the point. So Jimin and I will get married, whether you like it or not. Because it is beneficial for both his and my father's company. And besides I love him. So I hope you will back out from this useless relationship of yours with jimin. I suggest you do it soon before the media knows about this. And if you need money, just tell me the amount, I can give you as much as you want." Chaeyoung finished talking. And throughout the conversation Taehyung was keenly listening to her words.

Taehyung couldn't help but let out a dry chuckle at Chaeyoung's thinkingness.

"I know about the marriage thing and also that jimin is strongly against it. And for your information, I am not a gold digger like you so i will never give up on our relationship just for your so called money. And you don't love him, you are just obsessed with jimin. And for the company, I know that we can manage without your father's sharing. So I would be glad if you back out now, as jimin and I love each other." Taehyung raised his voice to the end. Chaeyoung was boiling in anger hearing the insults from taehyung. How dare he say that to her. He called her a gold digger, which is actually true but she won't admit that.

"There is no point of your relationship. You are just a normal average person. Jimin is far more better than you. Do you think he really would want someone like you?" Rosè said.

And Taehyung was actually affected by that but he didn't show it.

"He loves me, whether I am perfect or not doesn't matter. We love each other with our flaws. So shut up with your nonsense and if you are finished with this please leave." Taehyung said, very uninterested in her.

"I am warning you. Leave jimin. He belongs to me." Chaeyoung stomped out of the cafe with a very furious expression.

And taehyung was left there alone, in his own pool of thoughts. The things Chaeyoung mentioned before affected him. And he can't deny the fact that those words were true. Jimin was indeed perfect and deserves the most beautiful and best person in the world. And taehyung is not the perfect person. That is what he thinks. Taehyung has always had insecurities about himself. And now he is feeling it more.

~~~~

"Mommy, I made this for you." Ye ni said handing taehyung a flower crown that she made in school. It was beautiful and very good considering it's made by a 4 year old.

"It's beautiful baby." Taehyung wore the flower crown. And he looked amazing. The colorful flower crown matched well with his beautiful soft brown hair.

"You look beautiful mama." Ye ni complimented earning a smile and pat on the head by taehyung.

"Ye ni, it's getting late. You need to sleep."

"But Appa?"

"He will come home late. Don't worry about your Appa. Let's put you to sleep now." Taehyung picked the small girl on his arms and went upstairs to her room.

He layed her on the bed carefully as the girl was already sound asleep. Taehyung pecked her forehead and turned off the lights.

As he went downstairs a sudden feeling of loneliness took over him. The house was silent, overly silent to the point it was making taehyung feel small and lonely. Growing up in a orphanage, loneliness has been a familiar feeling for him. And right now he is the most happiest he has ever been in his life. But something was making him feel that this was soon going to end and that he will be back to the same darkness, the loneliness and back to his boring and dull life, where he had no one to love him. He doesn't want that.

The conversation with Rosè was quick but effective. Taehyung's past wounds were now left open and there was nothing he could do to heal them. His insecurity was getting the best of him. He is beginning to think lowly of himself, as if he lost all his worth. As if his achievements and happiness were just a dream. And after he wakes up the next day, he will be in the same hell. In the same shallow place, his heart will be broken again and the fix to it will be impossible.

The time he spent with jimin and Ye ni is very precious to him and the best time of his life. And he is not ready to lose it, just yet. They are now his life. Taehyung can't even think about losing them.

How will he live without the people he loves the most? The person he considers his destiny, the girl he considers his daughter and the their happiness as his happiness and his life is a part of theirs, how can he give up this? It is not easy.

Thud*

The front door opened revealing a tired jimin. Taehyung immediately snapped out of his thoughts and went to hug jimin who hugged him back, nuzzling his nose in Taehyung's soft hair. Jimin felt relieved. He felt like taehyung is his home.

"How was your day?" Taehyung helped jimin take off the coat and placed it on the hanger.

"It was fine. A very important project is coming soon. We need to be prepared." Jimin said massaging his shoulders which were sore from all the work he has done.

"Did you have dinner?"

"Yeah, I ate with jungkook. Why are you still up? It's already past 10. You should be asleep." Jimin was a bit worried that taehyung was actually keeping himself awake till late at night just for him.

"I can't sleep without you."

"Aww, okay now let's go and sleep." Jimin hugged taehyung from behind and nuzzled his head into the crook of Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung giggled at the cute gesture.

"Okay let's go."

They walked up to their bedroom and slipped down the covers. Taehyung cuddled close to jimin and slept with his head against Jimin's chest. And jimin didn't mind anything.

And as taehyung drifted to sleep, his ocean of thoughts also died down.

_________________________________

Hey guys, sorry for the short and late chapter. My hand is injured so I couldn't write much. Hope y'all liked this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

And feedback will be appreciated.💜💜