Chapter 1 | and so it begins

---------------------> CALISSA POTTER HATED IT WHEN PEOPLE ASKED HER WHAT ALL SHE COULD DO BEING A NECROMANCER because frankly, she didn't quite know the answer to that herself

---------------------> CALISSA POTTER HATED IT WHEN PEOPLE ASKED HER WHAT ALL SHE COULD DO BEING A NECROMANCER because frankly, she didn't quite know the answer to that herself. None of her seven predecessors had left any guide book detailing what they could and could not do, and old as the Sisterhood may have been, this was their first time dealing with a necromancer too.

So no, Calissa did not know the entirety of what she could do, but she could answer truthfully that she was discovering and exploring her ability in a safe and supervised environment every single day. And she loved it.

Because the things that she had till now figured out that she could do were wonderful. Not to mention, her ability allowed her to communicate with her parents, godparents and all the members of her family who were on this mortal plane no more.

Calissa loved her life, but she would admit that being the youngest with twenty older sisters did mean that she was a little spoilt and babied.

But she wouldn't change any of it for the world. Well, a little bit more quietude perhaps, but at least there was never a dull day.

"You cheater!" Su Kyung growled at Arundhati, who answered calmly to the accusation thrown her way.

"I did not cheat, you must be mistaken."

"Yes, you did cheat. You always cheat!" 

"Any pray tell me how I did so?"

"You Saw everything!" Su Kyung accused. "In this fair game of Volleyball, you know wherever the ball would fall. Hence, why your team didn't lose any points!"

"Have you ever considered that that must be because unlike your team, ours actually knows how to play this game?" Arundhati asked with a casual smile. "Besides, my visions are subjective. They change based on the decisions made by people, so no, I did not know where the ball would fall. You know what is curious, however, is the fact that in most of my visions, I saw you cheat. Multiple times."

"ME!?"

"That's what I said, didn't I?" Arundhati calmly continued. "It is extremely intriguing that the ball occasionally hovered over your hand so you could hit it properly or the fact that the ball sometimes deviated its path in a way that would favour your team."

"How dare you accuse me--"

"Well, you are an Elemental," Arundhati said coldly. "And if I am going to be held accountable for my ability, it's only fair that you are as well."

"Okay, let's assume that both of us are going to be held accountable." Su Kyung began. "But that does not excuse Ameena from reading my mind to understand where I was going to hit the ball."

"I did not read your mind, trust me." Ameena Khan replied angrily. "And I'm not the only legilimence, remember? You have one on your team as well. How do we know that Olivia didn't read the minds of my team, huh?"