Chapter 9 | and so chaos follows

-------------------------> FRED WEASLEY HAS ASSUMED THAT HE WOULD BE USED TO IT BY NOW

-------------------------> FRED WEASLEY HAS ASSUMED THAT HE WOULD BE USED TO IT BY NOW. The bated breaths taken as his feet pounded against the ground, trying to run away as fast as he could and doing his very best to not out-run his brother or purposely sabotage him as a potential sacrifice to save himself. 

To find a place and hide immediately, one which the caretaker and his annoyance of a cat couldn't find them for hopes of escaping punishments that they totally deserve. But in their defence, they had bought dung bombs. 

Where else were they supposed to use it on but the third-floor corridor?

Too busy running, Fred hadn't even realised that there was another person on his path, bumping into them and collapsing to the cold floors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Fred had been rubbing his arm with a wince, having not picked himself up yet, when a hand was thrust forward, making him focus. The owner of the hand was beautiful. Undeniably so with long, wavy brown hair that tumbled down her shoulders like a waterfall, pretty green eyes and a lovely smile to match.

She looked at him expectantly, a hand still held out, prompting him to grin and accept it. Once Fred stood up, he observed her features more carefully, trying to put a name on the face. Fred and his brother George tended to speak with a wide range of students. He was sure he would have remembered her at least briefly if they had crossed paths. Her robes were of no help in providing an identity either as she wore something very similar to duelling robes and had no house tie.

However, considering the girl had not only assisted him to jump back onto his feet but had also smiled at him, Fred supposed he could rule out Slytherin as her potential house. There was no way someone nice could be sorted there.

Realising that he was being rude, he muttered to her a "thanks" before once again, opening his mouth to ask her her name when, a loud shriek of "Weasleys!" could be heard echoing the corridors, successfully snapping Fred back into reality and making him completely aware of the reason they had been running.

Getting caught by Filch was simultaneous to a long and hard week filled with detention. There were so many things Fred wanted to do instead of that. So many pranks Fred could be pulling rather than spending time confined in a small room with the caretaker and his weird cat.

Sure they deserved detention but that didn't mean they liked it or were happy about it.

Suddenly, the girl turned towards them. "Hide," she commanded.

"What about you?" George asked.

"I didn't do anything wrong. Ergo, I have no reason to hide." She replied simply. "Just hide. There's no time to run. I'll take Filch off your trail."

Fred met the girl's eyes and didn't detect any lies; so he grinned, nodding his head before George and himself quickly ran and hid behind a corner.