Chapter two

I unlocked the door of the room. "Ma" I called weakly "a-are you there" there was no response so I continued into the room. Everything was upturned or shattered: the books were on the floor pages torn out, all the glass was shattered and all the shelves were broken or cracked. I hurried into the bathroom and I saw something that I would never forget.

Never Ever forget

****

I slung my bag over my shoulder taking the steps three at a time anxiously biting my bottom lip a habit I had that I was constantly told to break. Being told that only made me want to do it more though, unfortunately for everyone who wanted me to stop.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs my aunt enveloped me in a hug, tears pooling in her eyes "you know what to do" she half sobbed. I nodded not trusting myself to speak. She handed me two contact lenses, " h-here, these will allow you to see th-through any magical disguise and will allow you to see anyone's-s godly parents." I smiled gratefully still not allowing myself to talk for fear that I would do something that I would regret later, namely crying. I once promised my self that I would never. Ever. Cry in front of anyone. That was some time ago but I swore on the River Styx so it's too late now.

I gently put the contacts into my eyes and blinked quickly a few times. Immediately I could see a floating dove above my aunts head. Huh. Aphrodites symbol. I guess these do work after all. That will be useful I suppose.

I placed a hand against my aunts cheek. "Goodbye." my voice echoed around the room. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly. I sighed sadly "Thank you. For everything." She nodded her lips wobbling. "Go" she said eyes still shut. "Be safe."

Was I going to be? No
But I tried.

****

Four days. Four days of dirt, monster slime and danger. Four days was how long it took me to get to Camp Half-Blood. And now I was almost there. As I rounded up the hill that I was currently climbing I took in the landscape. The border of the camp a massive pine tree, a tree that held great history for the camp, a history that was extremely tragic. Thalia, the daughter of Zeus was being escorted to camp by a satyr, but on the way they picked up two other demigods. Many monsters chased them and Thalia, who was tired of running stopped and fought them but she was easily overwhelmed by the sheer number of them. As she lay dying, Zeus took pity on her and turned her into a pine tree which guards the border of camp. Like I said. A tragic story.

But anyway- " heheee Hello child" said a voice behind me, the same voice I heard after I defeated the chimera. But I had had enough of monsters annoying me every step of the day.

So I turned around, hands on my hips. "Listen Lady" I said sassily. " I don't know who you are but you inte-rupted my chain of thought and you have been annoying me since the chimera. So LEAVE lady. Because I'm almost at camp and I'm not gonna die now."
"Ok fine" she rolled her eyes which surprised me, not the reaction that I was expecting.

Now I had a moment to gather my thoughts I noticed what she looked like. She had blonde hair that was put up into puffed up curls, a hairstyle like the ones they wore in the 1980s. I remember my grandma was a fan of those hairstyles. The Lady-as I called her- also had piercing blue eyes, like icicles and she was wearing an old frayed green ball gown, lined with lace and bows. She looked middle-aged maybe forty years old

She smirked at me taking in my disheveled appearance: ripped jeans, torn shirt, muddy face

"Besides" she continued " you killed my pet. The Ancient Laws say that's the end of that"
"So leave me alone" I answered angrily.
"No-o-o" she trilled.
I pinned a death glare on her, a glare that had once made a troll think twice about attacking me. She wasn't fazed.
"Hmmmmm" she grunted still taking in how I looked.
"Just leave me aloneeeeeee" I whined sounding like a five year old but at this point I didn't care. I had fought trolls, gorgons and loads of other monsters on this four day trip and I deserved to be able to whine a little at least. She didn't answer, instead she began to prowl around me like an oversized cat-human combination. "Ok" I spoke angrily "GOODBYE NOW" I left walking quickly away. She stood there and waved. "See you" she called. I blinked.

And she was gone.

I was pretty shocked not gonna lie but I just continued to camp.

Well until a hydra head threw me 10feet into the air

Cliff hanger!!!!! Please leave comments
Thx everyone!! :)