Chapter nine

Evas pov: the Oracle of Delphi

I walked up the stairs to the dusty old attic where Chiron said the oracle was.

As I entered the attic the first thing I noticed was that this place was full of old memories. Memories that wanted to be forgotten. I slid my hand along a dusty box blowing all the dust away, enough to read the name. Ethan. I didn't know if he was from around camp. Everyone seemed to be avoiding me lately though so I guess I wouldn't know. I looked up to see the mummy covered in rags. I could see the bones of her face through the rags, sticking out at sharp angles.

I spoke my name

I spoke my name.

And the oracle came to life, toxic looking green mist flowing all around it.

And it spoke a prophecy.

A shadow an ocean a brain and a bow

Shall travel west through storm and snow

Be betrayed by one you have loved and lost

But all that's important will be turned to dust

****

I was back in the Hermes cabin without knowing how I got here. The prophecy was still ringing in my head.

The first line seemed simple enough. A shadow an ocean a brain and a bow. That would mean me, the shadow, Percy, the ocean, Annabeth, the brain and Mark, the bow. Simple enough considering our parents and their abilities.

The second line, They shall travel west through storm and snow, also made sense. The entrance to the underworld was in Las Vegas which was west from here, and to be honest, who else could it be? Make no mistake I didn't steal anything. Even so it made sense. Who's kingdom would go stronger from the thousands of casualties of a war this large? His of course.

Through storm and snow probably meant that the gods were angry and were going to make it snow and rain.

Be betrayed by one you have loved and lost. That line worried me. I've loved quite a few people: family, friends whatever, but lost?? Maybe a friend that has distanced themselves from me? I can think of some.

But all that's important will be turned to dust. Did that mean that we didn't get the bolt and trident back, that the world would end and turn to dust?? I really hope not. It was worrying and my stomach churned at the thought of it.

But something I knew for certain. What I did know was that Mark knew. I didn't know how or who. But I knew he had a secret. And I'll find out.

I realised I was subconsciously packing my things.

Good. I needed to save the world.

****

Marks pov: packing for the quest

I was back in the Apollo cabin grabbing my things. My bow, a combat ukelele and a few rations of food and nectar, the food of the gods.

My mind wandered to when Eva came back down from the oracle. She was pale unusually so. She stumbled into the room without the grace that I had become so accustomed too and collapsed on the chair next to me gripping my hand tightly. Her eyes were out of focus and she began to recite the prophecy.

A shadow an ocean a brain and a bow

Shall travel west through storm and snow

Be betrayed by one you have loved and lost

But all that's important will be turned to dust

These lines worried me. I was fairly sure everyone understood the first line and I roughly understood the second. The third worried me. I was scared and I wanted to know who would betray her and us. As for the last line.... I had received a similar line in my prophecy the last time I went on a quest. I was fairly sure I knew what it meant.

And I hoped against hope I was wrong.

****

Percys pov: packing for the quest

I was back in the Hermes cabin helping Eva. Since yesterday, I had been in the Poseidon cabin but Eva (who apparently was my cousin now) needed help.

She began to pack her things and I decided it was safe to go and pack myself.

Back at the cabin I packed all I thought I would need. Riptide was in my pocket and the only thing stopping me from leaving was the echo of the prophecy sounding in my head.

But all that's important will be turned to dust

The other lines seemed simple and easy compared to this one. Unfortunately I didn't know what it meant. With a little luck it wouldn't be too bad.

But I had a feeling we would need a lot more than a little luck for this.

****

Annabeths pov: packing for the quest

I had all I needed. Nectar, ambrosia my yankees cap and a couple of architecture books, as well as some golden dramachas and some mortal currency.

I was really excited to finally leave the camp and see the world which I hadn't since I was seven. Five years. Five years stuck at camp with barley any idea what was going on in the outside world. And now I got to leave. The only thing was this quest had a lot of things riding on it. The war to end all wars, Zeus master bolt ,Poseidon's trident.

And of course, the prophecy.

After Eva recited it to everyone Percy got up, took her by the hand and left to the Hermes cabin to pack I assumed. Mark also left, but I stayed with Chiron.

"Well?" I nagged Chiron. "What do you think?"

Chiron sighed again. I observed he was doing a lot of that today. "Well the prophecy seems-"
"No" I cut him off.

"I mean the Great Prophecy, could it be her?"

"I suppose it could, though it also be Percy"

"I doubt it" I objected.

"Hmmm, this is about him being Poseidon's child isn't it" Chiron inferred. I grunted preferring not to answer.(Child of Athena, an old rivalry, stuff that happened way back in Ancient Greece but anyway)

"We shall see." He sighed again.

Yes, yes I suppose we shall.

A/N this prophecy was a pain to write I changed it like ten times so ya. You better like it or else