Chapter six

Coughing up blood I staggered against the wall my leg giving out from beneath me, blood pooling around me spewing from my leg.

I slammed my hand on the wall in despair, tears stinging in my eyes . I slammed my head on the wall again, again sobbing desperately. "Please." I cried "please help someone." Somehow my prayers were answered.

A tall man in a black suit with dark eyes like pools of death itself. "Hello Eva" he said simply eyes boring into mine. I backed away my limp leg rolling. He took a step forward worry in his eyes. "Here" he said bending over my leg. I didn't move. I couldn't. He placed a hand on my leg and it shone and somehow... it was healed. I brought myself up. "Who are you" I asked trembling. He sighed.

"Call me Hades."

****

If I had dreams that night, I didn't remember them. I was still worried about everything I had learnt the previous day but I decided to put it behind me so that I could enjoy camp, 'enjoy' meaning 'train'.

I got up, putting on jeans, and the orange t-shirt that everyone wore, with the words 'Camp Half-Blood' in black. Grabbing my practice sword, I checked the time on my phone. I usually kept it off unless in emergency because it attracts monsters, but with the camp borders, I felt safer keeping it on than before. It was early in the morning around 6am, the usual time that I woke up and started to train. Stepping around my cabin mates and their belongings, I carefully made my way outside.

Walking briskly toward the training arena the rising sun on the back of my neck, I began to hear soft footsteps behind me. Someone was there, and they didn't want me to know. So I began to formulate a plan. Still walking I veered away from the arena and toward the wood. The footsteps followed, treading lightly. I have to admit whoever was doing this was quiet. Well trained, only a hunters ears could pick up her light treading. Lucky for me, I was a hunter. Still walking toward the wood I tried to lose them between the trees. It didn't work. Clearly this person was experienced and not to be deterred too easily. I kept walking, biting my lip. Time to use some of my powers I inherited.

****

Stalkers pov: Five minutes earlier

I walked softly trying as hard as possible not to make any noise. I believed we were heading toward the arena to train which was normal, but suddenly, Eva began to walk toward the woods. I perked up. Something suspicious. You might think I was being paranoid. But something wasn't adding up. When I heard her story she spoke as if she knew she was a demigod ages ago. Who was her aunt? What about her mother? How did she know not to chop off the hydras heads? So many questions unanswered. She also had a haunted look in her eyes. A look I knew all too well. A look that I saw every single time I looked in the mirror.

But I was getting distracted. I carried on treading gently following her toward a small clearing in the woods. She sat down on a small stump on the edge of the clearing and took out her blade, beginning to sharpen it. The sound of the blade against the block was rhythmic, almost relaxing. I stayed in the shadows of the trees, not moving just watching.

And then then the ground collapsed beneath me.

****

Evas pov: right now

I strode over over to the hole in the ground that I had made, peering in. The hole was empty.

Empty?!? I grunted angrily muttering a few choice words in Ancient Greek. Whoever it was must have slipped away somehow, though I was sure I made the hole in the right place. Now, if they didn't know already, they knew that I was a child of Hades. As far as I knew, only we could make a hole so deep it fell into the underworld itself.

I waved a hand across, closing the hole

I waved a hand across, closing the hole. Couldn't have just anyone falling in.

I sat back down on the stump panting heavily. This kind of thing took a lot out of a gal. I waited. I imagined that whoever it was would take me out now, when I was weak from the magic that I had done. I was half right. Someone stepped out into the open. A boy.

Edit 15th October 2020
I just realised it said Athena instead of Apollo oops.

A certain child of Apollo.

By the name of Mark.

****

Mark's pov: now

"Hello Eva, daughter of Hades." My voice echoed across the clearing.

"So you know." It wasn't a question, just a statement, a truth.

"Yes." I answered.

"Well, care to answer the million dollar question?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"What," her voice had a tinge of painful amusement, the kind of voice someone would joke about their death in, on their deathbed.

"What," she repeated "are you going to do about it?

A/N sorry about the unexpected change of pov but warning this will happen more often in the next chapters for the whole book. I really hope you like it :))