𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜𝘁 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗠𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗬𝗼𝘂

An angsty story for Delores and Five

As Five was walking, looking, searching, he felt the loneliness catching up to him. Its been a few years since he arrived in the future. He had to sit down, it was way too hot and his legs ached. He looked at the wagon he carried around filled with various odd things and sighed. Was this all he had? Just a bunch of junk?

Hey, I don't appreciate that.

"What?" He looked around, trying to figure out who said that. But he saw no one. He looked back at the wagon and furrowed his eyebrows.

I said I don't appreciate that.

"Appreciate what?" Who was he taking to? It didn't make any sense but he thought he might as well
humor them.

Being called junk. I'm a lady.

"I don't even know who you are!"

I'm Delores, you named me. Remember?

"Oh. Okay." No, he didn't remember. He didn't name anyone.

So you're going to apologize?

He looked at Delores, confused, but he smiled at her and nodded. "Yes. I apologize. That was very rude of me." Five felt silly but he played along because now he wasn't so lonely.

Yes, it was. Five thought that maybe she smiled at him. Where are we going?

"Somewhere that has people. Someone would have had to survive."

I don't think so, Five.

"Well, I do!" he shouted. He shook his head, this was dumb. He was talking to no one. It just didn't make any sense.

It doesn't have to make sense for it to be real.

"Maybe you're right. Or maybe you're just plastic worming it's way into my head."

You'd have to let me get in your head for that to
be true. So, I've been in your head for awhile, Five.

"This is crazy."

As crazy as growing up with five other superhero children? Raised by a robot, a chimpanzee, and a billionaire? Killing people because they committed a crime? TIME TRAVELING TO THE FUTURE? An apocalyptic one at that?

"Guess you have a point, Delores. But that doesn't mean this isn't crazier. You're not real."

I'm as real as you want me to be. You need me, Five.

"I don't need anyone."

Then why are you so concerned with going back to the past to save your family? Or searching for people that don't exist?

She had a point, but he wasn't going to tell her that. But he didn't have to. If she was in his head, she would know what he was thinking. He sighed. He was going crazy. The old man was right, he thought to himself. Why did it have to be now? Why did it have to be at all? Five just wanted to go home to his family and stop the apocalypse. Was that too much to ask?

He pulled out the eye he found on Luther's body out of his pocket and examined it. Who ever this belonged to was going to end the world and he needed to stop them. He had to. It was the only way his family was going to live. Maybe he could go far enough back in time to save Ben and stop Vanya from writing that book. If only.

You should take a break. This is obviously too much for you, Five. She sounded worried.

"Oh, what do you know!"